Game-Labs Forum

Stop the server migrations

Hello devs.

Now Denmark-Norway on PVP EU 3 is doomed!

The biggest clan on our side, just migrated to PVP EU 1. That leaves our small nation 100 accounts shorter. 

Surely you must have considered this, as you allowed it. But now my game is less than nothing worth, as both England and Pirates (allied) will take all our towns, and there is nothing to do about it.

My suggestions is. Enlarge the capacity, wipe the map, and merge those two servers. Close the option to migrate.

Damn I'm in a bad mood right now.

• Like 1

Right now I don't think merging is possible with the current level of OW development. I saw this because tracking Naval Action's data transfer rate it is not nearly as efficient as other titles. I'm sure the developers would love to do one big worldwide cluster like Eve but it's just not possible at this time. I notice that PvP1's performance degrades at the 2000 population mark as it is.

Its quite simple actually. The game is a Alpha. Wipe the map. And do so while implementing an alliance/diplomatic feature to the game. Playing a small nation on a extremely low populated server, is pure agony. If nothing is done, I won't get to see the game in Beta. No drama about it. Just a fact. Other games will get my attention.

So if PvP 1 degrades at 2000 players - go buy a bigger server - alternatively force players from PvP 1 to the other server.

Thanks "Van Pelt" for your very usable information - notice that Britain was the usual raiding target by the Danish, many years before this era. You are in fact a (bi)product of the same ancestors that I have. Only difference is. They got me, because they wanted to. And you because they were on raid (historically speaking). :)