Game-Labs Forum

A woman's cry for help

Jemima Darrell

I fear your honorable cries for aide are lost upon these ears as there are in fact not that many true gents about these days dear lady. A shame indeed and please do not think less of yourself ever that you have explained yourself in such a most vunerable way as you have, for an honest gentleman would NOT have needed any explanation at all since your intentions as well as honour where most obvious to me from the start 'o this most delightfull conversation!

Your servant always,

Captain Henrik

Edited by Henrik
  • Like 1

Truly, sir, never was there chance to be lost. I hold myself in readiness until such day as I am a wife. That happiest of days will follow a respectful period of courtship, subject to the approval of my father. Only then will I give myself freely to my own husband. This is the good and proper way of romance.

It is quite indelicate of me to speak in such terms of so intimate a subject. I speak plainly now, lest any other man should misinterpret my intention. I urgently desire to make contact with Captain Jason Williamson, nothing more. Is there any man among you who is able to assist me?

I am a independent business man who patrols the waters with his employees looking for good business deals. Quite often we meet a ships captain and i give you my word , if we run into this captain Williamson we will be sure to tell him his widow was looking for him.

• Like 2

Jem, I'm sorry to inform you that I have sunk a ship captained by a pirate of that name last night. Unfortunately, he met one of my carronade balls and what's left of him is currently being scrapped from one of my fellow countrymen's Frigate. I'll have to look at what we salvaged from the deck of the ship before it sank, I believe my quarter master Billy found a pair of boots on the deck that might have been his, I'm sure he could be convinced to give them back if it can help you get thought these dark times.

We have however captured a troop of troubadour females hailing by the name "The Misfits". Apparently, your dear captain was betraying the will of God with these ladies of low esteem. We figured we would drop them off at the closest tribunal for trial, but given the circumstances and the fact they won't stop signing these excruciating shanties, I'm more than willing to drop them on your trade ship because if not, I fear my crew might organize a mutiny.

• Like 2

Oh, sir! This news has left me desolate. My fervent hope and prayer is that you are somehow mistaken, and that Captain Williamson still lives. The alternative is unbearable to contemplate.

I care naught for the boots. Your quartermaster may keep them. As for the troupe of troubadours, I have no wish to associate with them. I have no ship, sir, so you must manage your crew as you see fit.

Madam

I am happy to inform you that your friend survived his encounter with death. I saw him not 5 minutes ago but alas I forget where. I cannot speak for him but I am sure you have he would say something like "wait for me, think of me always and I shall do the same."

Do I take it that this is a love story if you will forgive the question?

• Like 2

Good sir, I thank you for these tidings from the bottom of my heart! You give me renewed hope that my quest shall not be in vain. Perhaps, by the grace of God, I am closer to a successful conclusion than I dare imagine.

Captain Comery, you see before you a desperate woman. I kneel before you to beg your further help. If you could but discover the man once more, and convey to him my simple message, then I shall be ever indebted to you. If he is indeed Captain Jason Williamson, then he will know the means by which to contact me.

I do forgive the question, sir, and will answer readily. It is not a story of love or romance. Captain Williamson is in possession of certain information which I must needs take back to England. I cannot say more, but please believe that it pertains to matters of the gravest importance.

With your permission, sir, I will take my leave and await your pleasure.

• Like 2

Captain Williamson is in possession of certain information which I must needs take back to England. I cannot say more, but please believe that it pertains to matters of the gravest importance.

I believe now I understand, Mademoiselle, why you so lately rejected my advances, and why you stated that consorting with one such as myself would be an act tantamount to treason: You are not simply a concerned relative or lover, and your words were not said merely from a patriotic heart. Unless I am gravely mistaken, you are in the Caribbean in the service of your King. 

Edited by Arvenski
  • Like 2

I believe now I understand, Mademoiselle, why you so lately rejected my advances, and why you stated that consorting with one such as myself would be an act tantamount to treason: You are not simply a concerned relative or lover, and your words were not said merely from a patriotic heart. Unless I am gravely mistaken, you are in the Caribbean in the service of your King. 

Pssst mon ami, she's a spy mind you! ;)

• Like 1

Your little deduction has provided me with much merriment, Captain Arvenski.

Whilst I am truly a loyal and devoted subject of His Majesty King George the Third, I do aver that I am in no wise engaged in dealings on his behalf. Why, the very notion is quite fantastic!

I am but nineteen years of age, sir, and unversed in the wicked ways of the world. Besides, such acts of wanton deception (I refrain from using the modern word 'espionage') are unsuited to a woman, for it is well known that our brains are too small to cope with the intricacies inherent.

No, sir. I rejected your advances for the simple reason that England and France are at war with one another. To consort with a Frenchman would be to betray my king and my country. Furthermore, it would bring down shame and dishonour upon my father and his house, and that is a thing I will not countenance.

The nature of my quest to find Captain Williamson is entirely a family matter, and upon that you have my word. Would that it may be resolved quickly, so that I may return to England. I am moved to repeat my plea. Can any man here assist me by conveyng my message to Captain Williamson? I grow more desperate with each passing day.

Edited by Jemima Darrell
  • Like 1

"Much merriment"?!? Am I being given the laugh by some little English...?!

*deep breath*

You have allowed yourself to slip, Mademoiselle. Your thinly-veiled mockery has revealed a side of your character that previously did not present itself to me. What better guise for a spy to assume than that of an attractive but simple-minded young woman looking for her friend? If you intent, Mademoiselle, was to convince me that you are not in the employ of His Britannic Majesty, I fear you have given me quite the opposite impression.  

Edited by Arvenski
  • Like 2

Arvenski hold your tounge lest you lose it. You dare speak to a woman that way? Have you no honor sir?

I challenge you to a duel to regain the honor that you have stolen.

And madam, can you not just search for this fine gentleman on the forum? If the information you must relay is so important I too wil search the forum without fail.

• Like 2

Captain Arenski, whatever impression of me you have or do not have is beyond my power to control. If you would believe that I am a spy then that is certainly your prerogative, and it is clear that my protestations to the contrary would be in vain. I shall, therefore, desist from the attempt.

Captain Comery, I harbour no desire for the spilling of blood on my account. I beg you, sir, withdraw your challenge. There will be no loss of honour in the doing of it. If not this, then perhaps some peaceful reconciliation may be reached in time through gentlemanly correspondence. This, as I understand it, is the custom and practice, is it not?

• Like 1

Arvenski hold your tounge lest you lose it. You dare speak to a woman that way? Have you no honor sir?

I challenge you to a duel to regain the honor that you have stolen.

And I accept your challenge, sir, without hesitation. If you choose to defend a woman such as her, then it is not my honor which is lacking. The choice of weapons is yours; I have no preference. 

• Like 1

That snake ambushed me and I had no choice but to def nod myself. I wounded him on purpose and he limped away in defeat. I think he may lose a leg.

How I hate shedding blood, it is not my favourite method of resolving an issue.

When will this cursed bloodshed cease!

• Like 1

So, you come to finish what we started. So be it.

(Captain Comery draws his sword and lunges towards captain Arvenski who fires his pistol and misses. Captain Comery impales the captain and he utters his dying words which are "Madam, I apologise for my words but if only I'd said so sooner this may...may have been avoided.")

With Arvenski dead on the floor the Captain Comery is victorious.

He was a tough opponent and I respect that. Rest in peace Arvenski.

Madam there was no other way. He drew his weapon first and I acted in self defence.

• Like 1

(As Captain Comery walks away, Arvenski, with his last breaths, draws another pistol from his belt, takes aim, and coldly shoots Captain Comery in the back. Arvenski's hand drops to the floor, dead, as Comery, mortally wounded, falls as well.)

• Like 1