Game-Labs Forum

All great seamen had their preferred officers! It would be nice if you could hire certain officers like lieutenants, bosuns, etc. The higher your rank, the more officers you can have under you.

Working much like ship upgrades, they could be tied as a character upgrade, and potentially can be made casualties in combat as you lose crew members.

Sounds good but I would like to know how would the devs implement them in the game ? I mean they should be randomly found at ports but then ,

- Will they be 1 time hired or go on monthly payroll ?

- Will they get diff bounces based on their specialty ? For example will every cannoneer/gunner have same reload speed or a sailmaster give same + speed/turn rate .. etc . 

Sounds good but I would like to know how would the devs implement them in the game ? I mean they should be randomly found at ports but then ,

- Will they be 1 time hired or go on monthly payroll ?

- Will they get diff bounces based on their specialty ? For example will every cannoneer/gunner have same reload speed or a sailmaster give same + speed/turn rate .. etc . 

For that we have to wait for Crew expenses and proper introduction of Officer characters, which are in the roadmap at least the latter.