Game-Labs Forum

Pirate Waters

Pirate waters are dangerous places but at this stage there are no Pirate NPCs trolling round pirate waters attacking any non pirate players,,  while Npcs from all nations attack pirates,, seems a bit backwards to me,, Pirate waters around pirate ports should be places that nation players fear to go,,  very soon the pirate factions in this game will be a memory ,

At the moment Nations dont play like nations either, they have no central command, and they operate more like pirate gangs,, and as much as it would be nice that pirates fulfill some unique function in this game at the moment they dont, and even harder is that while being forced by game mechanics to operate as a nation they suffer penalties like not being able to enter neutral ports for resources, ( which forces them to need some ports) and of course as I stated in the start of theis thread there are no pirate NPCs trolling pirate waters making it easy for nations to camp them with impunity,  pirates on the otherhand are attacked all the time in national waters by national NPCs, and pirate frigates suck,,  we dont like them,, 

I really dont think it matters if one starts pirate or becomes pirate, 

Anyhow the game mechanics of this game will evolve with our play and suggestions so it will be interesting to see if a different direction is taken for national and pirates to make this a unique and fun game, 

god this conversation again

"we dont play pirates, we want you to be different."

Any suggestions "no, we just dont like it"

Here i got a suggestion, i dont like how brits can have american ships... i think the british and french players should be forced into combat every time they see each other.

See what i did there, i just said a bunch of stuff that makes my game better, but i disregarded other players.

Pirate mechanics are the way they are because if they were different, pirate life wouldnt be "difficult" they would be impossible.  No ports, no specialized ships, only able to fight low level players in low level boats, no reinforcements which means they just call them and run, no boarding mechanics that benefit piracy..

Just you guys getting everything, and us getting shafted.

Great suggestions, all around... keep up the logic boys.

• Like 3

god this conversation again

"we dont play pirates, we want you to be different."

Any suggestions "no, we just dont like it"

Here i got a suggestion, i dont like how brits can have american ships... i think the british and french players should be forced into combat every time they see each other.

See what i did there, i just said a bunch of stuff that makes my game better, but i disregarded other players.

Pirate mechanics are the way they are because if they were different, pirate life wouldnt be "difficult" they would be impossible.  No ports, no specialized ships, only able to fight low level players in low level boats, no reinforcements which means they just call them and run, no boarding mechanics that benefit piracy..

Just you guys getting everything, and us getting shafted.

Great suggestions, all around... keep up the logic boys.

You talk of logic yet the logic has eluded you!

You want all the perks and game style of the nation player but with a cool black flag on your ship. 

If you want a cloned another nation you have plenty to choose from as it is. No need for a fake "pirate nation".

Pirates in this game should be something different. Whole different ball game with it's own dynamics at play. 

Pirates should not be able to crew ANYTHING bigger than a frigate, should have a tough time to cap deep harbors and be even harder to keep them in their possession.

Anything other then that is stupid as is so far from reality that it's silly. Pirate moto is to make money by plundering, to strike undefended targets, fast and hard, plunder it and be gone before the

nation can mount a defence. It's not up to pirates to wage open warfare against a colonial power!

No if you ask me why would somebody play with such handicap i do not know but it's a life of a pirate. Like i said, if you want to play a gameplay of a nation then pick a nation. If you WANT to play A  PIRATE, then for the love of god play like the pirate should play. 

LOGIC

• Like 1