Game-Labs Forum

Introducing of a Ministry of trade

I suggest an introduction of national Ministries of trade. Their main goal should be regulating inflated prices in the nation and setting price ceilings for selling ships and recourses.

There will be some number of people chosen either by developers or by the nation captains. They also may be chosen from strongest clans` traders and crafters if they are interested. 

Why? Because those with nations interests at heart must have the opportunities to channel all the chaotic energy which now are most of clan-less captains and new players are. Current "free economy" works like this: one...khm... wonder of nature makes a golden brig and set price at 500k, other see that and have genius idea- to sell their brig at 490k, and so on. As a result a new player  sees these price and realise that to have a good ship he`ll have to grind exessively. Which will discourage him from playing, because lets be honest here- mission grind is not so flashy and exciting.

At the same time there may be inter-national trade hubs ( with a safe zone around which will be unsupervised in terms of price because it`s normal to take advantage of other nations.

There may be a variant where Ministry of trade imposes fines  or higher taxes for setting overpriced commodities on sale to discourage that kind of behaviour.

Ministry of trade may also sell traders licences allowing traders to buy A LOT of recources at once, and set a quantity limitations for those without trader licences. Money from selling licences can be used to upgrade cities, buy flags for PB or something else.

The idea is raw and might be worked into a very interesting sandbox-style institute.

Edited by sailNE

I think prices should be decided by players, through auctions. I want one milion for my brig, I put it on auction and can wait for a mad man. Or can go to the auction site, marketplace, and see that last brig was sold for 7 000, so no chance for big deal. Similar to ebay. You can ask whatever you want for your staff, but it is a buyer who decide the price. What you think?

• Like 1

The issue with the market prices atm is largely down to artificial constants. Constrained resource supply and limited labour hours. Once we get the port buildings that'll ease up the resource supply somewhat and should lead to at least slightly lower prices though this depends on how much inflation has already got into the market. Labour hours are likely to be the main factor affecting the pricing going forward, unless they change that system as well.