Game-Labs Forum

Age of pirates 2 question

moosycat

Ok so while Im waiting on NA to be released I dug out my copy of AOP2.

Been along time since I played it and had to get the Tages dl to fix it so it would work with windows 7 blah blah blah.

I came across the 3.2 mod by dbmod and dl it.

But idk whwre to put it when I unzip it.

The read me file says to extract the files into the aop2 directory but I cannot find a single file that says directory.

Can someone who has already done this help me out here?

The read me file says to extract the files into the aop2 directory but I cannot find a single file that says directory.

Can someone who has already done this help me out here?

Directory is just another way of saying folder.

Sounds like you just need to find the "AOP2" folder, or "Age of Pirates 2" folder, and you can extract the zip in there.

By default, its probably in "C:\Program Files\Playlogic\Age of Pirates 2"

• Like 1

Nah I made its own file outside of programs 86 I tried to extract the files in there and all the game files disappeared now I have to reinstall the game lol

So, you extracted the .zip into your custom game folder, and the entire folder vanished?

That is an issue to be certain. 

Be sure to do the obvious, check your recycle bin and make sure you are looking in the correct folder.

Other than that the process should be as simple as the steps I listed above.

(if you used the windows service to open the .zip, windows may be responsible for the issue. perhaps try 7zip.)

• 2 months later...

I been playing AOPA 2 lately as well. I seem to remember that it had an instalation file. Try to unzip it to your desktop. You can always delete it later. Open it and look for the exe. file or install file. It has been a while since I have done this and my memory is bad. If this don't work for you, post a message and I'll play with some and come up with a solution. I'm a flight simmer and do a lot of zip file work. Get 7zip if you don't have it allready. It's free and really a good program.