Game-Labs Forum

[PvP] Automatic "Ship's Log"

Another hopefully small suggestion:

Give us an automatic log of PvP fights we've been in. Who sailed what and the battle results at the time of our exit.

I realize I could do this myself but I never remember to screenshot it. It would be nice to have automatic logs to go back over and would help us file these "action reports" that I think are a boon to this game's community.

Ideally this would mimic the kind of stuff we see in EVE's killboards (automatically logged by the game and viewable by all) but I would honestly settle for a simple local logfile. I don't want it for "internet bragging rights" so much as for writing up "action reports" for my own guild's internal website to help keep generating interest for the game.

("Today we had X PvP fights and sank Y ships, suffering Z losses as a result. It was a good day.", is what I would say if I could ever remember the exact details. I fight a lot of people! It's easy to lose track!)

(Actually you could probably just put a button that shows the final TAB view with a big "SCREENSHOT" button. Then I'd remember.)

• Like 7

And I think open world PvP and Port Battle PvP should be seperated as I tend to care less about port battle kills and deaths than open world, one day the US and Brits will catch me in open world ;3

This could also be used to create a Pirate based wanted system maybe also? I would really want one :o

From Salzi, Lord Protector of Frozen cay - Keeper of the Oath Officer - PvPOne

• Like 1

Really it doesn't have to be attributed to an individual either. EVE style killboards could cover that (it tells you who did how much damage and not just about the killshot) but it would be interesting enough just to be able to say "this is what WE did today".

"Lost A ships worth B battle ranking. Sank C ships worth D battle ranking."

I think it would also be fun to show nation stats.

U.S. sank X battle ranking of player shipping.

Pirates sank X battle rank of player shipping.

Lots of interesting statistic opportunities that I think the community could make good use of.

• Like 2