Game-Labs Forum

Diplomacy

I don't know about the other servers, but in PvP 1, the Spanish are just about annihilated.  La Habana is isolated.  They have a few ports in the Gulf, South Yucatan and South America.  I don't really follow the forums, but I hear its not good.  And even outside the forums, in the game, it can't be very moralizing.

Its PvP.  Its naval warfare and controlling territory.  I get that.  The problem is, for new people, they don't.  And I don't think it is best for gameplay to have a defacto free for all state of war.

We should have more diplomatic options.  Different levels of aggression.  War being taking ports.  Hostile being killing players.  Neutral being only killing players and maybe AI.  Some levels of peace where attacking that nation would turn you pirate.  Maybe different levels of trade access.

1.  Yes I know.  But I think the Spanish situation kind of raises the priority of it.

2.  That could be, I don't know the specifics.  I can say that a new player won't know that either.  Player retention is very important.  The Devs know this, which is why they are looking to resolve it.

Like I said, I don't roam the forums so I don't know what has been talked about.  I don't know what the Devs are thinking about doing.  So I thought I would add my input on what I think they can do.

I think also that given the size of some nations, like the Dutch, that if attention was turned towards you, or the French or the Swedes, that the outcome would be very similar.  There is just no mechanic for you to defend against such over powering numbers.

Forget about Spain in the game (Spain is a victim, to some degree, of the game mechanics themselves - bringing them up directly just turns the thread into another finger pointing and flame war) - let's talk mechanics instead in a general way.  Let's go to this thread: http://forum.game-labs.net/index.php?/topic/8775-global-diplomacyand continue the discussion.

Thanks.