Game-Labs Forum

So yesterday I was idly chatting in my nation and ended up talking about pirates and a clan leader liked my idea saying I should present it on the forums. Currently pirates behave more like a nation with a FFA rule which is about as piratey they get which most likely won't really mean too much in the daily game. While I do believe I read that pirates are pretty much the eternally war faction, diplomacy has yet to be implemented and when it does it will be kind of unfair for pirates to be pinged on the map getting focused down cause for some reason they decided to wave black flags at every port.

Instead of pirates having their own ports they should instead turn ports neutral when they seize them, in a way they'd be acting as the offensive arm of the neutrals. This should play out quite well as it enables pirates to dictate the flow of trade and pretty much put them in stealth mode allowing them to be more piratey. By opening a new neutral port in a resource starved sector they would direct the flow of trade to that port allowing them to snag the various nations traders in the regions trying to pick up whatever it produces iron, fir, live oak, oak, gold, and coal being the more valuable of resources for crafting.

So for game and authenticity purposes this should work out quite well by creating  a symbiotic relationship between the neutrals and pirates, the two independent minded factions who'd probably are what they are cause they loathe foreign rule and give the pirates at least a sort of kind of alliance with neutral players by having mutual interest.

Edited by Lefort