Game-Labs Forum

Losing UI for any mouse actions

bluehawk1976

Hi,

Experienced it twice at different times and stages of the battle.

At some point my mouse stops being usable in game - I can move around the map using wasd or arrows keys, but I can't click on any unit and with this inablility to control the unit I can't play.

Game continues to run, but I can access no game menu button with the mouse or even using the Esc button, so I can't even report the bug from ingame.

Was forced each time to Alt+F4 the game.

P.S. couldn't upload the output_log file - to big - 9796KB, email sent with the file.

I am getting this as well.  At game start I pressed H thinking it was the shortcut for the new elevation levels, which is actually M.  After pressing H with no units selected as Union vs Balanced AI the game stops receiving any mouse or keyboard input.

So basically make sure when you press H you have a unit selected or you lose the ability to play.  I am not sure if this is confined to simply H or other shortcuts but I will find out and report back.

EDIT:  Looks like this occurs for any unit based keyboard shortcut.  I feel this is a major issue and will create a new post which you can find here.

• 1 month later...

Hi FGarge! In the screen I can see the units around the General to be grouped and have movement arrows (a General can group only the units located inside his command radius and not the whole Corps). Do you mean that these units with the arrows remained stuck and did not move? If this is the case and happens again, please submit a report using the Report Bug button.

Hi FGarge! In the screen I can see the units around the General to be grouped and have movement arrows (a General can group only the units located inside his command radius and not the whole Corps). Do you mean that these units with the arrows remained stuck and did not move? If this is the case and happens again, please submit a report using the Report Bug button.

I couldn't use the Report Bug button because the whole UI froze. The units did not move or react to anything and the arrows remained the same. Other units did work, but I had no input over what they did and they lost the battle without my commands. I had to use the ctlr+shift+esc screen to kill the .exe.

• 2 weeks later...

I was mostly through MP game when the game window became unresponsive to mouse and so far as I can tell other input, though the battle appeared to continue with units sitting there as I tried alt-tab, shutting other applications, and task manager switch to get back in.  This is the first time I have seen this. File sent to denis.

Happening again 5 min ago but scen 2 this time.  No UI interaction except I can scroll and zoom. My troops are sitting there and doing a decent job of defending themselves- the other side seems actively controlled with Videttes running around and attacks. General is off on a flank having a picnic.  Just spectating - looks like the Union is going to take back McPherson's.

If this scenario has reinforcements that arrive on the table, I have not seen any.

Sitting here listening and watching, I think you should consider putting those rebel yells based on the Smithsonian recording into the game so they punctuate the battle. Probably public at this point. And some more conventional Union Hurrahs.

The AI being pushed back on Herr's Ridge does a decent job of falling into a decent line. Nice.

Waiting to see if there are results/ there is the screen pop up and it ends 12:03 in Defeat, Herr's only obj held and Confed losses much heavier. Need to close the window from the taskbar.