Game-Labs Forum

Don't allow us to reload on both broadside on same time

What make me cry in OW was the test of the IA. It alwais turn like a tornado to show us the broadside he reloaded. He shoot you on starboard and then as soon as it shoot, turn to shoot on the other side.

During age of pirates, the crew into the shooting deck was unable ot load on both side as ithey were just enough to reload one broadside. If they would have to change broadside, they have had to reload the gun on this side and they were not able to load the side they just shooted.

Was i would like to see is a crew focus like we already have.

For example:: 

Crew focus LEFT (everyone reload on left)

Crew focus RIGHT (everyone reload right)

Crew focus gunnery (both side are reloaded but with less bonus)

It will stop people and npc to stupidly turn in all way just to shoot the side they reloaded when it was not possible in this age to reload them .

OK to begin battle with bot side reload but after the battle start, it's should be over

• Like 1

First of all if your ship is fully loaded with crew then you have plenty of crew to reload and fire on both broadsides. This would only make sense if you were lacking crew, so for example you are sailing with half of the max crew or with a skeleton crew, that can only concentrate on one thing at a time. Most of the ships in that age weren't sailing with full crew, but for example a battleship was, so that in that age was able to fire and reload both broadsides.

• Like 1

I'm not entirely sure I'm a fan of this as written.

However, maybe enhance the importance of Gunnery focus by only allowing both sides to reload when in Gunnery Focus.  Leaving GF would mean the side most loaded would finish, then the side least loaded would finish after the first side is done.  Disabling the decks on that side would prevent them from reloading (say, you wanted to do the more historical fire one side, then turn and fight the other side - you'd fire the first side, disable those decks, then switch to the other and fire normally.  This change would increase the importance of Gunnery Focus, and decrease the ability to constantly S turn to fight both sides simultaneously.  Ships with a completely full crew could potentially fight both sides I believe, at the cost of other activities.

• Like 2

when you see java vs consti fight it's not going in full S fight.

I was thinking about it when i see how new npc are fighting in OW with often going thought the wind goinf backyard to be able to shoot you bothside.

In all books i've read (ys it's romance but they probably take care a bit of reality) as o brian books or forester books, crew is not able to shoot on both side (and i'm not speaking about reloading but in books they can't fire bot shide). All the crew of a deck is focusing on one gun the right or the left.

So I know it would change the way we are playing bbut to focus more on simu and not on arcade like the S battle we got on potbs it could be a solution

Constitution-Java_battle_plan.png

All of the game's warships have sufficient crew on board to fight both broadsides. However, in history (as well as in the OW), ships often sailed with far fewer. So this would be a good feature for an under-manned ship, but not by default.

• Like 1