Game-Labs Forum

Greek galleys

I wouldn't suggest that they be matched with more modern ships but imagine a battle between Greek, Phoenician and Roman galleys - with rams, catapults, archers, greek fire etc. etc. what with the choice of sails and / or oars there could be a whole new level of tactics

There is already a ship poll that included a selection of 18th century galleys and oared ships.

Your post however suggests that you wish to play a game set between 400 years BC to around 900 AD at least 700 years earlier than Naval action is set.

Whilst it might be an interesting notion as an entirely different project I don't see the Devs wanting to spend time recreating this during their busy time with the development of NA.

Their may be a duel feature where you could match up the few galleys that hopefully will make it into the game, but I imagine that is as near as you will achieve.

I can only guess, but if galleys will be implemented in NA, then it will be Baltic boats used by Swedish and Russian navies.

GL have said galleys are coming, probably in the form of danish-norwegian, swedish and russian small frigates with oars (brits and french too but they were outdated by the 1800s), and my guess is some mediterranian galleys.