Game-Labs Forum

Incentive for nations to own more towns.

I think the issue with RVR right now is.....why bother?

Conquest leader board?  Doesn't matter.  Everyone gets marks regardless.

Value of the port?  Again, doesn't matter.  Only a handful of ports on the map make consistent money every day to turn a profit.  One is protected by evening timers, another by a full herc fleet during the day and the other one is a 10k BR swede fleet.  Chances of getting one of them is very unlikely.  So no one really tries.  

Other Nation interference.  Spain attacking George Town this week is a good example.  Danes, Dutch, French, Couple Swedes, Prussians and I think even the Pirates were out there attacking one side or other.  At some point it's like meh, if I have to fight everyone....why bother.

RVR is stale.  The meta is stale.  The maps are stale.  The hostility is beyond stale.  You fight the same people pretty much over and over.  And your reward, PVP marks and a port you have to pay for.  

All woods can be gotten with alts at this point.  Everything else is provided for in the safe zone.  Why even leave?

5 hours ago, Intrepido said:

As I said, DK is a bad example. DNP and BF have never been clans with a tradition of RvR playstyle, that was more a thing of RDNN and RUS. In some way, after the switch of those clans to russia you were forced to do something you werent used to.

And im not talking about the 100k, im talking about ports with timers, which means 600k every day for each port. I often see some of the streams and see clans with very few people online. It begins to be a heavy task to keep with timers several ports when very few can actually donate money.

RvR is more than what a nation actually needs. In fact, the sad thing is with alts you only need 4 ports for basic crafting stuff. RvR or conquest was about expanding your territories to get more wealth, safety in your waters or as an act of presence/power on the map which are related many time to challenges and roleplaying created by the community involved in RvR.

No we where not forced to do it. It was a choise we made to start doing RvR. We slowly changed DNP to a RvR clan, we went from 5-6 playerd to 30 players. All those new players, you think they joined DNP as a PvP clan ore because it was a RvR. Same I guess goes for BF, they made the choise to do RvR, and there numbers went up.* But yes it was not the true nature of DNP, so we still have a way to go if we want to be a top RvR clan. And here I don’t think about the pb it self. We do actually do fine in the pb’s we have fought.

Just because a stream show few online, it dosen’t there is few members that play. For us the numbers online is about 25 each day. We are just spread more out, but we have as many as in the great Russia/Spain vs Sweden war. Ppl keep saying timers is the problem, yeth we only have on neutral port. Keeping ports is a question  what you want. I like that you can have the hold map, but to do that you need to do more that win a pb. You need to afford it. Think thats a fine adition to RvR, that you have to think on how you spend your ressources.

I actually think it is a good thing that a nation can get what it needed so players can keep playing. It is before my time, But I have been told how Nations been 1 ported and what it did to there playerbase. Maybe all nations, should have 4-5 ports. Alts a problem, I am fine with that, because the imbalance of a upgrade like cartagena tar. But would be nice if the clan owening the port, could get like 20% og the trade and upgrade in a port for free for owning the port.

RvR is still about expanding your precence, roleplay and so on. Still the same. Timers just have forced you to make some extra choise.

Edited by staun

6 hours ago, Christendom said:

I think the issue with RVR right now is.....why bother?

Conquest leader board?  Doesn't matter.  Everyone gets marks regardless.

Value of the port?  Again, doesn't matter.  Only a handful of ports on the map make consistent money every day to turn a profit.  One is protected by evening timers, another by a full herc fleet during the day and the other one is a 10k BR swede fleet.  Chances of getting one of them is very unlikely.  So no one really tries.  

Other Nation interference.  Spain attacking George Town this week is a good example.  Danes, Dutch, French, Couple Swedes, Prussians and I think even the Pirates were out there attacking one side or other.  At some point it's like meh, if I have to fight everyone....why bother.

RVR is stale.  The meta is stale.  The maps are stale.  The hostility is beyond stale.  You fight the same people pretty much over and over.  And your reward, PVP marks and a port you have to pay for.  

All woods can be gotten with alts at this point.  Everything else is provided for in the safe zone.  Why even leave?

Why bother? Because you think RvR and the roleplay thats follow is fun, they you should do RvR, this is a game, not real life. So you spend time, it should be because it is fun. I still think PB’s are fun. I like those fights, times just fly by, ore big revengefleets, because they give a challange(Do like how the britts lately have been kicking oure ass, when we have come to Kpr)

To few ports that matter? That depend on what your goal is. But if you only think there is 2-3 ports that matter, well find a way to attack them.

Other nations interference. Last time when DNP tried to attack Little Cayman, the Spain had help from the Russians and the USA. They where about 50-70. Are you arguing for there should be no alliance in the game?

RvR is stale, you fight the same ppl over and over again and again. Well unless you want to fight Ai’s you have to fight the players that play the game. Reward, what reward do you want? you actually think there is a reward that that makes Pb worth fighting. Imo the Pb and the fun it makes is the reward, not the VM ore the PvP mark, they are just a ressource, not the reward. Yep a port cost something, but think your ressources(gold), *should matters for your RvR. But would have liked a more complex logistic in RvR, than just gold.

Why leave? To play and have fun? Why els play the game. For long alt did bother me, but not so much any more actually. It just helps level the playfield, if one nation only had acces to lets say Cartagenha tar, do think they would have to big an advantage. As long as devs havent been better in balance things, I honnest think alts is a fine way to compensate for it.

Edited by staun