Game-Labs Forum

Open world repair system

Open world repair system seems very punishing quite often you escape battle needing repairs so you use open world and use all repairs in hull often twice as many as battle instance leaving none left in hull and a requirement to avoid fights and re supply at base.

Would a system where repair in open world takes much much longer but is less resource draining ? Or is instant repair but heavy resource drain better? I cant decide tbh..

• Like 1

Current repair system is another thing keeping people stuck in the safe zones. I've often wandered out and been forced to go back to FR because no repairs in nearby ports and no reps left = Log off or go back to safe zone, which is lame.

While just repairing ships in the OW automatically isn't "super realistic," all repairs in the OW are inherently unrealistic, and I think a "free" background repair that takes time and can be augmented by repair items would do wonders to let people out of the reinforcement zones.

Then again i'm an anti repair item extremist who wants all repairs to be just built into the ship, no silly items to carry.

Edited by Capt Aerobane
  • Like 2

I dont like the kit system at all in the OW. It usually forces you to sail back to port after 1-2 fights. Now dont give me that "just take more kits!" shit, nobody can afford to lose half a knot to load his ship full of reps. In the end this system promotes endless tagging fights and increases sailing times for restocking, sailing kits to PBs is a real pain and has never ever produced meaningful content (we all do it in fir/fir T-Lynxes anyways, right?).

Imo reps should be like double ball/charge and replenish in the beginning of a battle. Their stock would be drawn out of your global repair stock automatically (basically like the captains chest, but for reps). Repairing in the OW would draw from that global stock only.

Edited by Havelock
  • Like 3

Would be nice with some auto repair function in OW that just took time (and did not use repairs we have in hold for combat). It could be a requirement that you had to sail to land and sit on the shallows to enable auto repair. Then after 5-10 min you where completely repaired.

Edited by Tiedemann
add "it".
  • Like 1

59 minutes ago, Tiedemann said:

Would be nice with some auto repair function in OW that just took time. It could be a requirement that you had to sail and sit close to land for it to enable it.   

As we have it, when we press Repair we have the Sails - Armor - Crew. Just add a 4th option - All.

4 hours ago, Hethwill said:

As we have it, when we press Repair we have the Sails - Armor - Crew. Just add a 4th option - All.

I edited it a bit. Now we use the repairs, what I'm thinking of would only need time and not consume your hull- or rigg- /repairs.

3 hours ago, Intrepido said:

Imo, the previous repair system we had gave us more freedom of sailing. More sailing, less dock in ports worried about rum, rig and hull reapirs. Less things to be worried about, more fun overall.

Also, I cant count anymore how many times I had a ship in an outpost but cant sail it because I didnt have repairs.

This system is really annoying and a time sink which is not fun for anyone "except" for the people selling repairs at ridiculous prices.

This could be solved if ports that did not produce/drop repairs payed good money for them and did not consume them either. So they just stay there until a player enters and buy them. All ports on the map was filled with iron inguts in a mater of weeks when they did that the last time, so why not make the traders do something useful xD 

Edited by Tiedemann
  • Like 1