Game-Labs Forum

Avoiding trade scam

Sometimes when you need something crafted you have to get help from an other player, sometimes this kind of player tends to "dc" and "forget" that he had the materials, not that it happened me but there has been a few stories about it. Wouldn't it be a good suggestion to be able to craft items from the trade screen, this would remove the possibility to scam other players :)

I'm not sure how you could prevent scamming.

I've had players give me resources  for free and then explain to me how to craft items.  Sometimes I've sold the crafted items back to the person who gave me the resources, sometimes I've kept them, sometimes I given the crafted items to someone else.  It is all part of the trade and interaction of the game.  So far I've been pleased with my interactions and had trading partners gift me hundreds of thousands in gold and ships.  There are some steadfast personalities in the NA community and I enjoy the gameplay.

The trust and risk associated with the freedom to decide makes for interesting gameplay.  There is always a chance that someone may be a scammer.  I can offer payment before I get the goods and services as sign of good faith.  Or I can play it safe and refuse to pay till I have received the product.  I think it is more important to have the option.  If the game mechanics removed all chance of getting ripped off the experience would be much less satisfying and too restrictive.

Think of trading or combat  like gambling, never put out what you can not afford to loose.  And remember some people are prepared to lose everything and then quietly start over, without breathing a word about their loss.

i dont know if you misunderstood, but if you dont want to pay before you receive the product i totally agree with that. But this case is made for when a guy wants a ship crafted and has the materials he has to give them to a player trusting the player that he will keep his word and craft it and then trade it back. But the suggestion is that you could put all the materials neccesary for the ship in the trade window and the crafter can use those items while in the trade window to craft the ship and immediately trade it back + receiving gold for tip or for labour hours