Game-Labs Forum

Contraband pvp

Pvp while having the contraband goods on needs to be looked at, as some less than scrupulous players are using this function as a means of hiding out in enemy ports, then jumping missions or whatever, then running back to a port that should be hostile. so may I suggest that if you want to pvp, having contraband goods on should block that option.

4 minutes ago, FurQ said:

hiding out in enemy ports

The only ship i consider decent for PvP ( not only trader hunting ) is LGV and it only has 9pd guns and no bow or stern chasers... i think it is fair enough that it can enter enemy ports to be more viable as merchant raider.

Jesus, does nobody read?, It doesn't matter what port it was or who was doing it. why does everyone focus on the totally wrong part?, the point is that there is another loophole that gamers are using, I'm not mad at them, they are playing the game, but its an unfair advantage to be able to hit a player, be it in a mission, or in open world, then just run away and hide in a port that should be hostile to them, that's the bone of contention here. if they have contraband goods on, they shouldn't be able to jump a mission, or initiate pvp, they are for all intents and purposes smuggling after all, or did I totally miss the point of contraband goods ?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, FurQ said:

Jesus, does nobody read?, It doesn't matter what port it was or who was doing it. why does everyone focus on the totally wrong part?, the point is that there is another loophole that gamers are using, I'm not mad at them, they are playing the game, but its an unfair advantage to be able to hit a player, be it in a mission, or in open world, then just run away and hide in a port that should be hostile to them, that's the bone of contention here. if they have contraband goods on, they shouldn't be able to jump a mission, or initiate pvp, they are for all intents and purposes smuggling after all, or did I totally miss the point of contraband goods ?

Thing is, only a trader ship can make use of contraband flag to operate from enemy closed ports. Hence being attacked by warships doesn't correlate.

But, if a port is neutral/open/free then warships can operate at will, smuggler flag doesn't matter one bit.

So, are these ships trader models ?

Just now, FurQ said:

I think the problem is your original post was as clear as mud. 

And I see nothing wrong with it.  LGVs are not as fast or as powerful as a Surprise, or Renomee. While they are good, insanely good for their "class" as a armed trade ship.  They are the perfect pirate/privateer vessel.  You can stop them.  

I have used a T-Snow to do the same thing in the past.   A T-Snow with crew space and fir is very deceiving.  And surprisingly good at capturing player T-Brigs.