Game-Labs Forum

Contracts for ships

I've been wondering why this feature hasn't been implemented yet - Surely I'm not the first to come up with the idea. But anyway:

What about a new tab in ports, called Ship Contracts, where players can essentially put up a contract with a desired build, at a certain price - If a ship crafter feels like the offered amount of gold is reasonable, they got a deal - MUCH better than crafters having to craft out-of-the-blue and guess what players might like. Supply-and-Demand balance could then possibly also make ships cheaper.
Once the contract has been taken, a crafter should have about 2 hours to complete the order and deliver the ship. If he doesn't, the contract will be available again for others.

This is more or less how I'd imagine it to look like:

v9kEpqm.jpg

Edited by Liq
  • Like 22

2 hours ago, rediii said:

Thats no suprise on the picture is it?

It's a model version of it :) - One day I will get myself one of those.. When I'm old and got lots of money and time to spare :)

https://www.model-space.com/gb/build-the-hms-surprise.html

The frigate made famous by the movie Master and Commander: The Far Side of the World, brought to life by Artesania Latina. 
HMS Surprise was originally built at Le Havre in 1794 as a 350-ton, 32-gun corvette, but in 1796 it was captured by the British Navy and renamed HMS Surprise. She was re-armed and classified as a sixth-rate frigate.

Edit: I've just been told that this model was not actually the true Surprise. Ah welp, but I guess you got my idea :)

Edited by Liq
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, Eyesore said:

Has been suggested many times before,

makes perfect sense,

devs do not reply ... ;-)

In fairness , they do read plenty but we aren't always sure whether stuff we suggest is doable or codeable or even makes sense. Sometimes the stuff we come up with looks good on paper but can't be done or at least is hard to put into the current game. All that being said, a comment from a dev along the lines of yay , nay or maybe would help us sometimes :)

i like the idea , it could open up other ideas with regard to bounties. Imagine Liq's contract with Redii's head on it ( for example ) :P

5 minutes ago, Vizzini said:

bounties

Was suggested before, admin even commented on it - But not sure what happened to the idea.

On 4.4.2017 at 8:01 PM, admin said:
  1. You don't like someone too much (your annoying nation mate)
  2. You create bounty by paying a lot of money (maybe real money)... or lot of pvp marks or conquest marks. 
  3. If someone sinks or boards him he loses a lot of XP.

In this case using alts to claim the bounty will not be desirable. In all other cases alts or friends can claim bounty and share it with the the person who was supposed to die or be captured making the bounty feature useless (or fake).

• Like 1