Game-Labs Forum

Battle Suggestions.

First I would like to say, I love OW tagging and I think it adds some strategy to the game... BUT it can be tweaked to be a bit better.

-OW Tag should start you at a MAX range of 750m, and no closer than 50m from the targeted ship.

-NO ship can escape without masts.  If a ship is missing a mast it should not be able to escape. 

-ALL captains should have area control.  As long as another hostile ship is within 750m of them they can not escape.

-ANY ship without masts, that can not be repaired  in 30min will automatically surrender.   (No captain or crew would just sit there and get raked to death.)[This also prevents abuse of players by masting them and leaving them for an hour]

-AI ships with no masts remaining will surrender after 60seconds.  They have no way of defending themselves.  

-Any ship that is invisible at the start of an OW battle cannot enter that OW battle.   (prevents cloaking attacks)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hodo said:

NO ship can escape without masts.  If a ship is missing a mast it should not be able to escape.

1 hour ago, Hodo said:

ANY ship without masts, that can not be repaired  in 30min will automatically surrender.   (No captain or crew would just sit there and get raked to death.)[This also prevents abuse of players by masting them and leaving them for an hour]

I have watched several videos in which demasted ships have been able to at least partially rebuild the mast and sails. I can see sails on intact masts being repaired, but what ship crew during a battle has the time and resources to reset a mast? I think the broken mast and the attached sails should not be eligible for repair.

8 hours ago, Hodo said:

This also prevents abuse of players by masting them and leaving them for an hour

What's the abuse of demanding and leaving the ship behind?

I would actually say that once left beyond a certain distance, that ship gets the leave option.