Game-Labs Forum

Odd behavior of artillery units

Skitz470

Would like to see if anyone else has noticed them.  Here I am trying to manage my army, got cannons on the high ground, having them target the larger units moving against my men, and then I move to another area.  I come back to find my cannon are literally CHARGING the enemy with their napoleons!  Please note....their setting is at "Auto" and I have even tried setting them to solid shot....and I still catch them doing it.  It seems if I try to tell them to manually target a unit, even if said unit is in their currently displayed range (sometimes by a large amount) they seem to want to move even closer until they are placing themselves almost right in front of the enemy unit and then suddenly they get over-run (SURPRISE.....). 

I'm pretty sure this is a bug. I feel like the cannons use the Musket's firing arc when you directly target an enemy brigade. This has been like that for both the public release, and the beta releases.

Darth, please look into it.

something else I've noticed besides what's mentioned here is for example on the first level as the confederates, i'll have my cannon up on mcpherson's ridge and i'll have a fight between infantry that's really close to the cannon and for some reason the cannon is facing the opposite way firing way off in the distance trying to hit devin's videttes that's running around instead of targeting canister on the nearby infantry.

not sure if the artillery piece of the game is being evaluated overall or not, but wanted to mention.  still having fun playing this regardless though! :)