Game-Labs Forum

Production building advice for devs

So I was sailing around the OW doing econ and talking to my guild mates when the topic of resource buildings came up and how it's the communities no 1 priority and everyone is expecting resource buildings and econ to be the next major addition to the game.

Now of course no one (except maybe game labs) knows exactly how production buildings will work but I had a terrible thought, what if game labs brings in resource buildings so we can have "oak plantations" and "iron mines" etc in the appropriate towns.  A lot of people think that would be great BUT!

It would kill conquest!

Each nation would only need 1 port of each resource, bye bye conquest.

At the moment the current econ model is driving conquest, nations are actively capturing ports to provide more resources for their nation.

Now I really like the idea of resource buildings, I think it would really help a lot of things BUT if not implemented properly it will KILL conquest!

Others may have better solutions but I suggest something along the lines of each resource building has to pay "Port Tax" or "Land rates" or something and this tax increases as the number of resource producing buildings in that town grows.

Now numbers obviously depend on how many resource buildings we can have and how much they produce but something along the lines of .1% - .2% tax raise for each production building in that port.  This will make capturing more towns and spreading out production more profitable otherwise each nation will only need 1 port of each resource type.  with a .1% - .2% tax, 100 buildings in a port is 10% - 20% tax but 400 is 40% - 80% tax which would be uneconomical and encourage expansion to other ports.

At the end of the day I don't care what system is used but at the moment econ drives conquest, that is very important! If they change econ so it does not drive conquest it's a game breaker.

Stix :)

• Like 1

[sIGH]

Show a bit of trust in the developers. There are no problems yet. When times comes, we can think how to fix them.

Once we know how the resources production will be implemented, then we can consider what and how should be changed. No earlier.