Game-Labs Forum

Contraband is way too easy of source to profit from and will very likely inflate the economy because it allows players to have near risk free goods of high quality. The contraband traders get no protection from anyone and sail solo, also they are frequented around the players choice nation making them extremely easy to prey upon because low chance of enemies catching you off guard on your raiding. By allowing this to be a source of goods the income for everyone will just spike from not losing ships but getting high quality goods and easy gold by selling the traders off, there really is no real purpose for them to exist other then as an easy cash cow which causes people turtling in friendly waters where raiding should have a risk reward factor.

The only thing to hinder this is other players of friendly nation jumping in and stealing what should be a "marked" ship which is just infuriating and should be done away with as I've mentioned on the steam forums. Separate topic but it also should be addressed.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/311310/discussions/1/458606877330934039/

Edited by Lefort

You have some decent points, but from a casual player point of view, this is needed unless player driven economy gets introduced. ( production building etc ).

There is one though we have the player built ships which are vastly superior to the a.i captured ships, although I do disagree with the high durability on them as that also will cause inflation. It does look like the amount of effort in attaining them is pretty high but eventually people will start outputting them so much that they won't really sell for the amount of effort put into them unless we can provoke players to take risk and actually lose ships.

Although I'd liked to have more player influenced actions in the game outside of combat as well, anything I could brainstorm none of it would be casual actually this seems to be a very odd game to choose if you want casual as light simulators like these are for the exact opposite crowd. Anyways I think casual players are getting enough with a whole PVE server for them and port based quick battles vs players and quest to rank yourself up fast I don't think there is really any need to directly support the casual playing crowd that said I have nothing against those people I'm not the "gamer" crowd guy.

Edited by Lefort

So every casual gamer should just go to the pve server?  Being a casual gamer is not directly tied to PVE imo.

i like your thoughts but you cant force casual players to pve only

No no no no that's why I mentioned the quick drop in port battles and no your still free to float around in PVP as well, I just don't see anything that really needs to be added to directly support casual quick plays (that's what i register as casual). Anything that would really benefit people who dedicate to one game at a time and play for longer periods of time would probably by nature benefit the people who be dropping in for a brief hour or two.

Edited by Lefort