Game-Labs Forum

Could The Russians Get Their Own Channel?

That reply is not solving anything.

And other games do have that rule. (even games made by danish companies)

Also note that he is asking that the danes should write in english...

50% of the chat is not readable to half the players in the nation. Making 2 or 3 nation chats would solve it. Danish/russian/english

While I have no issue with the Russian audience, I agree that their presence can be pretty... overwhelming in chat. Instead of having to ignore everyone you don't want to hear (some of which might actually speak perfectly fluent English and choose to do so), I suggest an option in the interface to hide all chat messages with Cyrillic character in them.

It doesn't really discriminate, since it's a "per player" choice - And you'd most likely do it, since you can't read Cyrillic characters, much less understand Russian words.

On an entirely different subject - Y'all really need to change the chat font. Accented letters and Cyrillics appear in bold. It looks silly. So silly.

• Like 1

Naval Action does not discriminate based on language.  If folks want to speak Russian in chat, or Polish, or Spanish, or French, Latin, Klingon, Elvish, whatever, they may.  If you don't like seeing it, there is an ignore function.

Thank you! Im a dane and play as the nation. I have no problem with people speaking there own language.

Actually i like it alot. Other games seems to split either chat or even people up on servers, so we dont interact with some nations.