Game-Labs Forum

Port Battles and Trade Routes Propositions.

Taking in account the best way to describe players how organised port defense would look like i suggest making a

division defend forces for active and defend force.
Active one would work making shield slots for cities, which would add ships. Shields are nothing else like

squadrons of ships of one kind, max 3 ships, with purpose only to defend with aditional rules:

- Shields can be put by any player called by Fundator, who can build ships, with proper crafting level and

resources.
- Shields can be put down by Fundator who build them, with additional rule: Smaller ships can be switched only for

bigger ones, never otherwise.  Withdraw shield goes back to outpust of Fundator (closest one, or if there are non

near they are destroyed).
- There can be max 3 shields in a port.
- Every shield is max 3 same type (like 3x snows) so max limit is 9 ships.
- Colours tells quality of ships (grey, green, blue, etc.)
- Shields are mobile. They can be send to other port, for example to make better defence of that port. Then those

ships sail to actual target port (they could be destroyed on their way there). If there is no place in port

defence, they go back, or are send to nearest friendly port.
- Damaged shields can be repaired by Fundator, or any friendly nation player who is interested in it, paying gold

only, or materials to build new ships that have been destroyed.
- Once settled shields dont have to be additionally payed (the city pays for them) or they need very little payment

(fundator funds).
- Produced shields could be kept in warehouses and when needed used in game.

Important thing in active defence is ability to throw forces to port that will be soon attacked.
Player of defencive nation can using map to quickly check hat forces have attacking nation, and with enough

resources can send reinforces. Such system could make game more attractive, make that gameplay would be more

dynamic, and battle end results would depend on many reasons like : speed nad organisation of attacking force,

lenght between attackers and port, numbers and resources that defencive nation spend on it. etc. etc.

Passive port defence.
Passive defence is at first place building of ports. I propose to make three kind of forts by size.
Small forts, medium, and big ones, that could be different with number of crew, guns, and also their numbers

available in each port, and of course price. Numbers of ports would be limited to -5 small ones, -4 medium, - 3

big.

Rules:
- Forts are builded by players that decide that its for they protection and protection of their business.
- Forts are build for gold or resources.
- Damaged or destroyed forts can be repaired by all players if such need is added.
- Forts cant be moved to other ports or warehouses.
- Fort Once puted dont need additional upkeep, or small gold costs (funded by Fundator).
- Building of new forts dont need any timer, or can be announcec by some message few hours before finishing.
- Regional Capitols could have more medium and big ports.

It would look like this:
PtPalbo.jpg
Squadrons as shields with their type, numbers, and colour with quality. Forts, with orange active ports (builded),

grey with not finished (able to build).

Trade Routes.
I suggest to make sectors on map in few places, that would mark areas of seas that nation could take control over,

taking bonuses for such thing. In this way it would be able to use large sea areas that are implemented in game.
Conquering areas would be very easy.
Chose mission in port with marking about what area is goin one, and number of missions that should be made in there

(sinkin ships, or bringing captured ships to admirality, or BRT from that area. After such mission number of stars

from that area goes +1, and when it hit 3 (max), it makes that nation takes more profits from production of

materials in that area. Control of 3 areas makes even more boost.
There are two rules:
- You can control whatever number, but only 3 give max bonus.
- Nation that takes control as first, reset the points of other nations to basic.

NyNoIrp.jpg
1. Neutral area.
2. Area controlled by USA.
3. Area controlled by GB.
4. Area controlled by spain and sveden. (fight)

Ofcourse areas can be better placed (than i did) and their numbers could be different. Every nation can fight for

any area and make advance with power.
Every player who would take part in such mission could see a number of actuall BRT.

Ps.
Thats all folks. I got more ideas, about missions and using crew on sea, but about this later.

All ideas credit to Prorok.

• Like 1

Interesting concepts. Couple these with mirroring battle maps to features in the proximity of the OW instance site and were moving in the right direction. This game has so much potential that surely it will continue to evolve after release. I just don't know how it will continue to be funded, given the current model of 'purchase once'.

I do like the forts idea.

Those would need resources to be build initially and upkeep in the form of resources over time would have to done as well. If upkeep is not paid, then the fort would go into disarray and have to repaired before it would provide any bonus.

I would go with 1 big, 2 med, and 3 small for usual port and twice that for regional capitals.

I have no idea though how those forts might be implemented in port battles.