Game-Labs Forum

Information

Ahoy there fellow skippers,

First of all I wanted to let you all know how fantastic the sea combat is in this game. I've waited for this for 20 years, so THANK YOU to the developers. An idea I'll gladly back in alpha.

Secondly. As a new player I find the lack of information a bit disturbing. I know you're a small crew developers, but I really need information. It's not like most of the stuff I need is not here, it's just buried under tons of post and misdirects from way too old posts. This game is awesome and well under its way to becoming a hit (I can feel it) but as a new player joining in, the info is sparse to say the least. A developer confirmed ship list? The choice and consequence in player nation choice? Can I make more characters? Roadmap not updated for ages. The official website states Current line up of ships. But we have WAY more than those now?!?

I'm just saying you could do a lot of good PR, if the front page of the games site, would actually reflect the game as it is now. You're selling yourself short here guys. You've made wonderful work. brag about it!! Presentation sell copies!

This is not a critique, more like an observation from a new player. Hope you won't all sink me because of it!

Kadet Locain

• Like 1

Ahoy there fellow skippers,

First of all I wanted to let you all know how fantastic the sea combat is in this game. I've waited for this for 20 years, so THANK YOU to the developers. An idea I'll gladly back in alpha.

Thank you for the kind words.

The information is incomplete and this will be addressed during the early access. 

But having said that: we are firm believers in the secret menu: content that you can only find by playing. Not sure if it is possible in the internet age. 

• Like 1

Snarky comeback eh?  ;)

Of course you'll learn alot during gameplay. Just saying that providing new players with a light desciption of the current features and what to approximately expect, would go along way to making this game look even better :)

Glad to hear it's in the making for early access. Seems my concerns are known, and are being handled. See? information makes happy  :D

• Like 1

Devs if you need help organizing guides just ask forum members. You have big support here. Locain is right, such small thing like new player guide will cost you players and $. For example, announce open community official guide design suggestion. Get info on what would be the best way to structure it and what questions need to be answered in such guide. 

Or start a topic 'Ask a question get an answer', where new guys could ask any questions about NA and get and answer. 

Btw, if you need pictures of new ships for this web page let me know. 

We are here to support you and make this game N1. 

This is what we used to have:

COaWwLs.jpgm1VtjSj.jpg

• Like 1