Game-Labs Forum

Very confused

Hi all,

I pre-ordered this game last year, spent some time playing the combat testing system. Very promising. I took a bit of time out awaiting the Open World.

I've just updated and logged into the game. Completely baffled.

The controls have only basic functions now. I cant find out how to aim or fire guns, no spyglass to look at the beautiful scenery (cos I havent encountered any other ships yet - not even in port)

My ship has no crew anymore tending the guns. The ship sailing model is pretty rubbish, it is submerged most of the time. And I no longer have the Yacht that I bought and paid for with my pre-order.

OK, I'm pretty sure something is wrong with my download, the game played beautifully in combat testing. Anyone shed any light on what I am missing here?

Thanks all for any help in advance.

• Like 2

You are in the open world build which requires time compression and simplified models while on the open world. That is why there is no flags or crew etc.

If you click on a ship it will give you the option to attack it. If you choose to attack you will be loaded into an instance to fight which is where you will find the full combat system, sailing model, and the highly detailed models that you remember from sea trials.

I'm not sure what nation you are but you do not want to attack ships of your own nation or you will become a pirate. If you are already a pirate then feel free to attack anything.

A few things I forgot. The buoyancy on the open world is not final so there are still some imperfections and it's more noticeable while sailing ships like the Lynx. Once you get into the larger ships it's much better.

Also, the Yacht is still there, but you must find one in the shop and purchase it. You will always have access to it though since you preordered the game.