Game-Labs Forum

navigation map

hI DEVELOPERS . could you please add a navigational map with all the named islands with ports. I am frequently being engaged in battle where i have to escape due to superior forces, this then takes me to somewhere i dont have a clue where i am or a port i have never heard of. There for i have no idea of which direction to take to get back to my home port, and usualy end up getting into more trouble, this can last all day, until eventualy by a stroke of luck i find my port or get sunk. This cannot just be happening to me, most players will stay with in the vicinity of there home port as they only have a couple of hours to play. In my case i am a retired gentleman who has all day, but i would like to spend it with wife or doing other things rather than sailing round the ocean getting lost and finding ports i have never heard of. So please make it easyier for the older gents and girls and new people to the game to find there way around

Ps please make this happen soon.

• Like 1

I think they decided to completely get rid of interactive mini map and just use map charts (ex. goodle map) to find your location. I would love to have a mini map as well and I believe they will realize it when game is out. Without mini map players will be lost all the time. 

I have been navigating using the F11 key and estimating destination based upon previously documented port coordinates on the map:

(https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?mid=znKaQtPyLToc.kX_Q0oqZjfCY).

Currently I'm headed to Bermuda using this method. I think it would be excellent to have a function key to take positions (navigational sightings) and then pull up a map to estimate a course to our destination. That is how it is really done. Sextant sightings could be limited to night and noon.

I think they decided to completely get rid of interactive mini map and just use map charts (ex. goodle map) to find your location. I would love to have a mini map as well and I believe they will realize it when game is out. Without mini map players will be lost all the time. 

Hi and could you please tell me where TOLU is so i can have a rough idea where the hell i am, i have been traveling all morning for several hours and just pulled in to this neutral port. I have been avoiding pirats for the last 2 hrs  and there ports. I am going for a glass of rum now hopfully i will have a relpy on my return so i can continue to go to cuba or home Gustavia :D

Hi and could you please tell me where TOLU is so i can have a rough idea where the hell i am, i have been traveling all morning for several hours and just pulled in to this neutral port. I have been avoiding pirats for the last 2 hrs  and there ports. I am going for a glass of rum now hopfully i will have a relpy on my return so i can continue to go to cuba or home Gustavia :D

Tolu - not far from Portobelo 

Just use the map and find the port name:

https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?mid=znKaQtPyLToc.kX_Q0oqZjfCY

• 3 weeks later...

Could not sleep last night 26-6-2015 so decided to have a cruise, i put a comment on chat i am going on my hols to Mexico to have a bit of fun. I started off at 12.30 am. After 6 or 7 encounters with scaliwaggs who cant fend for themselves so they hire a fleet to make them feel bigger, they are now all in davy jones locker. I dont take prisoners i am a gentleman at heart but and let them pass if they whish to, but if they attack i will engage. So a very eventfull journey. After 5 hrs of sailing i got close to gulf of Mexico, being tired now i was looking for a neutral port and also give me some sense of direction.I eventually came across an island in the middle of no where so i went to investigate and spotted a port a pirate port called Mistrioso, so i looked on the map and there was no such name or island. Being a pirate port i decided to make haste to the next port so it would give me a bearing of where i was as by this time i am very tired. Then i came accross a very large island and find a neutral port after sailing round it and the name of the port was Tanton Cuzamil, but this was shallow water so could not enter. I was getting pxxxxd of and to top it all off guess what it wasnt on the map so i still didnt have a clue where i was. Was i in the Gulf of Mexico or Atlantic, no one seems to give a dam. After running into too many enemy and by now too tired to fight i decided to turn round and go via Cuba that is if my directions were correct. So i go merrily on my way by which time now my wife is up and making me a cup of tea, then Guess what i come accross another island so i sail round it hoping for a neutral with deep water.No such dam luck but i do find a port a pirate port name Conttoy and guess what this is not on the dam map either. So i set off again and in the distance is white sails, everyone is a fleet or a player with a fleet of which i just dont care anymore, my little adventure is over and i teleport home because i still didnt have a dam clue where i was. You may find this amusing but it has took me all night to realise this open world is more realistic than most people playing realise. The scenery is fantastic the sea is fantastic and in general the game is fantastic, but, i would give my right arm for a proper map  in the game under the key M for map and so when i look at my controls guess what it says press M for map but, no we have to put up with the one that is supplied by the community. Ok so be it but please fill in the gaps. Only admin will no where they have placed all the ports by this i think i have said enough. Good night or should i say good morning. :unsure: