Game-Labs Forum

First impression

Hello everyone.

I did join the game very late in the process (got my key on 10th of April) but I still would like to share my first impression.

Lets start with the things that I would like to see improved:

1. Is drift already in the game (drift from wind and drift from water currents)? It seems that it does have a very small effect if at all.

2. Wind speed does not seem to vary at all right now.

3. Wind direction changes the same all the time.

4. Amount of crew does have to little effect on ship performance (a Victory with 100 crew left furling sails and reloading all guns at the same time is just wrong).

5. Is Capsizing already in the game? I can stand still in a storm perpendicular to the waves with a privateer (see https://youtu.be/LlxHT4wdJzs?t=8m10s).

6. Waves in a storm have no effect on the heading of your vessel.

7. Player dropped from a match should be taken over by the AI.

8. AI is way to easy compared to beginner player skill.

9. Inertial mass of the vessels seems to still be off by quite a bit. (the time required to speed up or to slow down feel very off)

10. Setting and furling sails should be limited to specific courses, dependent on the sails used. Wind speed should have an impact on time to handle sails. Different sail plans should have an impact on time to handle sails.

On to the points I do love already:

1. The graphics of the game are stunning. Detail of ship, water and weather is just marvelous.

2. Sailing mechanics are great. As a hobby sailor it is very easy to get into the game. Going in reverse and how hard it is to stay in reverse seems to be quite accurate.

3. Shooting mechanics are great. Manually aiming is really nice and the visual clue for gun direction fits really well.

4. PvP is a blast.

So in summary I do love the game already and although the list of improvements is longer those are rather minor things that I am confident are already in the works :D

I am really enjoing the game very much and can't wait to see more of whats to come.

I have chronicled all of the matches that I was part of in this playlist: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL2_-rvbbTEoW7-DPx9WK6xWlUTJUv-5sH

• Like 2

I do like #7. Where the ai takes over a player ship after a disconnect

I would rather face a active enemy than a dead stick

Perhaps after 90 seconds the ai could take control after giving the player a chance to reconnect

Interesting idea

Lets start with the things that I would like to see improved:

1. Is drift already in the game (drift from wind and drift from water currents)? It seems that it does have a very small effect if at all.

ships turn in circles without sails, that's about it.

3. Wind direction changes the same all the time.

Not quite true

4. Amount of crew does have to little effect on ship performance (a Victory with 100 crew left furling sails and reloading all guns at the same time is just wrong).

Have you played the game? A Vic with 100 crew cannot sail very well unless you know how crew loss mechanic works and very few people know it. I can't count the amount of people I have sank with an inferior ship because they don't know what to do when they get that far down in crew percentage.

5. Is Capsizing already in the game? I can stand still in a storm perpendicular to the waves with a privateer (see https://youtu.be/LlxHT4wdJzs?t=8m10s).

Partially. Look in the sea trials forum.

9. Inertial mass of the vessels seems to still be off by quite a bit. (the time required to speed up or to slow down feel very off)

Agreed

10. Setting and furling sails should be limited to specific courses, dependent on the sails used. Wind speed should have an impact on time to handle sails. Different sail plans should have an impact on time to handle sails.

Agreed

Edited by Prater