Game-Labs Forum

found a solution for reasonably priced multi-tube torpedo launchers

NoX

Today I found out why quintouple topedo tubes are so awfully expensive(which really bugged me for a long time). It's because the cost multiplier, which in the data is set to 5.5 for quint and 4.4 for quad launchers (which seems reasonable at first glance) and 1.15 for singles, then gets multiplied again by the number of tubes the launcher has, meaning a 5-tube deck launcher actually costs about 24 times that of a single. By setting it to approx. 1.2 for all the launchers, the cost now rises linearly with the number of tubes, so now I can finally use them in my financially restrictive campaigns.

• Like 1

Yes, it was in Torpedo Tubes, there's also reload multipliers for MK1 to 5, crew requirements for torpedos are in parts, components only has the option to play with making stuff obsolete/possibly allowing 15 inch torps in 1940.

Edited by NoX
correction of incorrect statement
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/2/2024 at 9:29 PM, NoX said:

Yes, it was in Torpedo Tubes, there's also reload multipliers for MK1 to 5, crew requirements for torpedos are in parts, components only has the option to play with making stuff obsolete/possibly allowing 15 inch torps in 1940.

Finally got round to having a look at this. Per your advice I’ll hopefully be rolling a change for this in DIP 1.6 :) Thank you so much, torpedo prices actually make sense now!

Edited by brothermunro