Game-Labs Forum

I Want to mod the game to prevent obsolete hulls. (Especially TBs)

Raf

I would like to mod the game to prevent obsolesence of hulls, but i don't know what file(s) to modify for that. The "no obsolete hulls" mod on nexus seems to be out of date.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, MDHansen said:

technologies-resources.assets

# $techType_name_hull_strength

delete:  , obsolete(<hulls>) on every line.

image.thumb.png.372a5a4eb5ee81d5d729394e48cc9190.png

Thanks. 

I am completely unable to open to open the file though, i have tried several things but they don't work.

Edited by Raf

I do apologize for not giving a few hints to how to do this. 

https://github.com/nesrak1/UABEA is my favourite tea. I know someone uses UABE (not sure what the difference is)

There should be a quick youtube video by @Zuikaku(?) somewhere. I might have been wrong here

But, install the program, run it, open the resource.assets file in "Ultimate Admiral Dreadnoughts\Ultimate Admiral Dreadnoughts_Data" and search (ctrl+f) for "technologies", its a TextAsset. Choose "plugins" on the right side, and export. Open in a text program or csv*. Do what you need, save and choose plugins and import back in by selecting "technologies" in UABEA and choose your loose file. then save.

*make sure the seperator is  "comma" when/if asked

Edited by MDHansen

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 1/6/2024 at 9:34 AM, MDHansen said:

I do apologize for not giving a few hints to how to do this. 

https://github.com/nesrak1/UABEA is my favourite tea. I know someone uses UABE (not sure what the difference is)

There should be a quick youtube video by @Zuikaku(?) somewhere. I might have been wrong here

But, install the program, run it, open the resource.assets file in "Ultimate Admiral Dreadnoughts\Ultimate Admiral Dreadnoughts_Data" and search (ctrl+f) for "technologies", its a TextAsset. Choose "plugins" on the right side, and export. Open in a text program or csv*. Do what you need, save and choose plugins and import back in by selecting "technologies" in UABEA and choose your loose file. then save.

*make sure the seperator is  "comma" when/if asked

I can't seem to use plugins, nothing is showing up.

EDIT: Nevermind, I am an idiot and was going to the wrong thing.

Edited by FlatTopDragon
  • Like 1