Game-Labs Forum

[Mod] The Dreadnought Improvement Project v2.2.3 for UAD 1.6.0.6

brothermunro

3 hours ago, MDHansen said:

devs did that in one of the latest patches. Its in the patch notes

What on earth for? It makes for a nightmare when controlling mulitpul devisions. Bit of a backwards step that one!

• brothermunro changed the title to [Mod] The Dreadnought Improvement Project v2.2.0 for UAD 1.6.0.4 & 1.6.0.4 R
  • brothermunro changed the title to [Mod] The Dreadnought Improvement Project v2.2.0 for UAD 1.6.0.4, R, & R2

Hi Brothermunro,

Firstly, love your youtube videos... ive been a long time watcher but first time commenter...

I'm using your excellent mod but just to be cheeky i was trying to add some stats to the last engine option without the AI getting them... is there a way to deny the AI from choosing the last engine option? Is it in components perhaps?

Thanks for a great mod non the less.

Matt

• Like 1

7 hours ago, McMatto said:

Hi Brothermunro,

Firstly, love your youtube videos... ive been a long time watcher but first time commenter...

I'm using your excellent mod but just to be cheeky i was trying to add some stats to the last engine option without the AI getting them... is there a way to deny the AI from choosing the last engine option? Is it in components perhaps?

Thanks for a great mod non the less.

Matt

By ‘last’ I assume you mean Gas Turbines ☺️

Yes! You can do this by going into the ‘components’ file and adjusting the “weight” of the gas turbines. It’s a little weird that file, I’d make the weight the same as the geared 2 turbines and see how that goes. It won’t prevent the AI from picking them but will make it less likely they do.

1 hour ago, brothermunro said:

By ‘last’ I assume you mean Gas Turbines ☺️

Yes! You can do this by going into the ‘components’ file and adjusting the “weight” of the gas turbines. It’s a little weird that file, I’d make the weight the same as the geared 2 turbines and see how that goes. It won’t prevent the AI from picking them but will make it less likely they do.

Thanks for getting back to me so fast! I changed it to 0...
"...main_engine_8,,engine,$component_name_short_main_engine_8,37,$technology_name_engine_engine_10,$technology_desc_engine_engine_10,,
main_engine_9,,engine,$component_name_short_main_engine_9,0,$component_name_short_main_engine_9,$technology_desc_engine_engine_11,,"

...and it was still available for me in an old campaign where I had researched it but if it doesn't show up in my new campaign or suddenly becomes obsolete I will try making the weight the same as the geared 2 turbines. Thanks again : )

• Like 1

Hi i have some (actually a lot) of questions about things that look like they are not right or they are definitely wrong:

1) Turbines now offer almost NO weight reduction in comparison to multi-expansion machine or even weight more sometimes. this also means that all future engines give less too.

2) induced/forced/balanced boilers weight LESS than natural ones.

3) Destroyer funnels now give absurd numbers of engine efficiency (300-1000%).

4) for some reason standard reloading becomes obsolete.

maybe there are some other changes (i'm almost sure there are) that are not that obvious and i didn't notice them but in short when i try to build a ship and just put modules on it, without some crazy speed or armor, it already has an overweight even without main guns. with them the overweight gets insane.

i don't know, maybe it's all planned?

Depends who you’re playing as, the big nations (US, UK, France, Germany) will probably have tech around when you’d expect or slightly before. Smaller nations will struggle to have better tech than the big players, but they’re also less likely to be massively behind.

• brothermunro changed the title to [Mod] The Dreadnought Improvement Project v2.2.1 for UAD 1.6.0.5

I started a new campaign in 1.6.0.4 R2 played a couple years as the US, then updated to 1.6.0.5 (both with the appropriate DIP mods). After 1.6.0.5 I noticed that my tech level was being reported as behind even though I had set spending to 100% while it said average. Is this a bug with the mod, with 1.6.0.5, or is there some mechanic I am not seeing that causes the player to loose on the tech race? Only the UK is above average (at very advanced), if they are that far ahead on tech (despite everyone else going appearing to run at 100% or more?) and with effectively infinite fleet size I have no idea how any other nation is expected to compete.

The way the game reports the tech level is a little odd, and really doesn’t reflect the ships the AI is building very well. I’ll add it to the list of things that I’ll ask Nathan Kell about, maybe it’s possible to dig into that code somehow. Your tech is probably fine (assuming you’re playing on standard difficulty - the ai gets magic bonuses on the harder ones)

Edited by brothermunro

I have always thought that the tech level reporting would need a change in how it is presented since the game only seems to report the tech level vs time not the other nations.  When comparing against nations, you would need a Most Advanced, followed by maybe 1 or 2 Advanced, then 3 Averages, then 1 or 2 Behind, then finally a Most Behind.  This would at least tell the player at a glance if their nation is keeping up with their peers or the leaders.  Bonus Points if the Tech Tree screen showed the same thing for each category so you can see if you need to put a priority into a tech that is lagging behind.

I recognize that this is probably not something the modders would be able to influence, but I can dream.

• Like 1

Hi Brothermunro,
Me again... do you perhaps know how I would create a new funnel, main tower etc for a specific nation.

I've worked out how to copy and rename say a bb in the parts and make it appear with the technologies file but I can't see where the "technologies" section for funnels or main towers would be found. 

Sorry that this is a little unrelated to your excellent mod.

I know you can add towers and funnels to an existing hull, you can edit that in parts.

If you want a unique combination you’d need to make a new entry in the parts file, and then add that ‘new’ hull to technologies so it actually unlocks

• brothermunro changed the title to [Mod] The Dreadnought Improvement Project v2.2.2 for UAD 1.6.0.5 Opt x1
On 9/7/2024 at 9:19 AM, brothermunro said:

The way the game reports the tech level is a little odd, and really doesn’t reflect the ships the AI is building very well. I’ll add it to the list of things that I’ll ask Nathan Kell about, maybe it’s possible to dig into that code somehow. Your tech is probably fine (assuming you’re playing on standard difficulty - the ai gets magic bonuses on the harder ones)

ah played on hard, that might be the issue

• Like 1

• brothermunro changed the title to [Mod] The Dreadnought Improvement Project v2.2.2 for UAD 1.6.0.5 Opt x2
7 hours ago, brothermunro said:

No update needed, just reinstall on 1.6.0.5 Opt x2. I don't know how the new displacement system works but it seems to be hard coded. I'd appreciate any feedback on how DIP interacts with it.

continuous crash on re-launch... Patch has been flawless on every rev save this one... Worrying thing is I can't seem to roll it back

Edit...

Fixed it... no worries

Edited by justMike247

6 hours ago, brothermunro said:

Do you know what the issue was?

honestly? no idea for certain... I'm guessing maybe some corrupted files with the copy/paste after the latest update... The corruption caused instant crash when trying to launch the game... Some head-scratching and rebooting later, I thought, try to copy/paste again... Cha CHING....

• Like 1