Game-Labs Forum

Are certain gun layouts forever doomed?

I don't know who has been the most vocal about this issue, but I know I certainly have said a lot about it. And with support for the game supposedly ending soon, I would like to hear an official answer on a question that I have been asking for a while now: will the "two-turret aiming system" ever be changed/altered/fixed/replaced?

As it stands right now, if your guns don't have the same number of barrels sticking out of the turret face, you may as well be firing blind with some of your guns. Why that is, I truly don't know. If your guns are the same size, but one turret has two barrels, one turret has three barrels and another has 4 barrels...they might as well all be different size guns because they'll each have their own targeting data (essentially: despite all my guns being the exact same size and length, my USS Nevada/USS Pensacola, King George V and Andrea Doria class ships are plagued by bad accuracy simply because some guns have two barrels while others have 3 or 4). There is no good reason for it to still be this way. We cannot set the propellant, bursting charge, shell weight, gun size and barrel length for each individual gun barrel (it applies to all guns of the same size), so a 14" dual turret should be exactly the same as a 14" triple turret, which should be the same as a 14" quadruple or single turret...with the only difference being reload time since it takes longer to load 4 guns than it does two. It doesn't matter how you look at it: a 14 inch gun is a 14 inch gun, regardless of how many barrels are in the turret. They would have the same range, same ballistics, same muzzle velocity, same everything. So why can my 14 inch triples fire "accurately" while my 14 inch duals are stuck trying to find the range just because the rear turret can't quite track the target?

If this has actually been fixed/addressed/otherwise spoken on, I must have missed it somewhere.

@Nick Thomadis I'm not a big fan of pinging the devs/staff, but please, I just want to know (and I'm sure others would like to know as well): Are designs like USS Nevada, USS Pensacola, HMS King George V and Andrea Doria going to be forever plagued by "bad accuracy" or eternally hindered by the "two-turret system" simply because some guns have X amount of barrels while others have Y number of barrels?

• Like 4