Game-Labs Forum

NAR BETA 3.0.3 "Major Powers update" for UAD 1.6.0.6 opt x4

o Barão

The new nations need desperately territorial subdivisions.

I started a campaign with Chile and after a while I declared war on Argentina, I completely destroyed  their fleet but the game never gave me the option to start a naval invasion, then Argentina launched a land invasion on Chile without an overwhelming superiority (60.000 vs 50.000) and they won...Chile was defeated. 

1. Chilean troops were the best of south america at that time. they were veterans from the war of the pacific, a victory against Bolivia and Perú. so a numerical inferiority when defending is actually an advantage.

2. Attacking Chile from Argentina (and vice-versa) means to cross the second highest mountain range in the world. therefore ALL invasions must fail, always.

3. It's proposterous that the longest country in the world (Chile) can be conquered by attacking a single point.  

4 It's ridiculous that one of the 10 largest countries in the world (Argentina) can be conquered with a single attack...

Conclusion: More territories for the new nations. please.

Edited by Maximus Tyberius

26 minutes ago, Maximus Tyberius said:

The new nations need desperately territorial subdivisions.

I started a campaign with Chile and after a while I declared war on Argentina, I completely destroyed  their fleet but the game never gave me the option to start a naval invasion, then Argentina launched a land invasion on Chile without an overwhelming superiority (60.000 vs 50.000) and they won...Chile was defeated. 

You know how naval invasion work right?

RIGHT???

9 minutes ago, Maximus Tyberius said:

Seems like I don't. I thought naval superiority in the area was the trigger. 

Looool

You need 100k tons in the sea region where the nation you want to invade is located.

8 minutes ago, Maximus Tyberius said:

With ot without naval invasion the way I was defeated was fcking frustrating...

If you don't know how the game works, it will be frustrating, especially when modded

5 hours ago, Maximus Tyberius said:

Can I set the national chilean flag for campaign map ports and fleets, but also set that the actual ships still use the naval flag on the prow?

No. You will need to choose. An engine limitation. So if you set the Chilean flag for ports and diplomacy, that will be the only flag you will see on ships. That is why in some cases I prefer to use the Naval Jack. It will be incorrect to see the Naval jack on ports in the campaign map, but will be much nicer to see on ships in battle. But that is my personal taste, anyone can edit the flags.csv to get what they want, or add new flags if they wish.

34 minutes ago, Maximus Tyberius said:

Seems like I don't. I thought naval superiority in the area was the trigger. 

24 minutes ago, flaviohc16 said:

You need 100k tons in the sea region where the nation you want to invade is located.

And need to set the naval invasion target in the diplomacy tab to be applied next turn.

Also, the fleet tonnage requirements for a successful invasion change according to the port size.