Game-Labs Forum

NAR BETA 3.0.3 "Major Powers update" for UAD 1.6.0.6 opt x4

o Barão

On 9/22/2024 at 1:11 PM, o Barão said:

Delete "players" and "relationMatrix"  files.

Thank you for your work. But what if I need to remove some of the countries? The thing is, if I don't play Portugal, Netherlands, Greece - they only complicate the game experience. They are too small to have any impact on what is happening in the world, and the game interface is not designed for such a large number of countries - when I get a message about changing relations when someone starts a war, I can't even see who attacked whom. The long list of changing relations between nations does not fit on the screen and goes beyond the upper limit.

Is there any special software for editing csv files or will I have to use a regular text editor to change their unformatted content (which will be very long and tedious)?

And one more thing: many patches ago AI stopped building large fleets. For example, in my current campaign in 1918 (1890 start) the largest fleet in the world is mine - 9 battleships! In real history, at this time Britain had 42 battleships (BB and BC).

In old versions of the game (not a mod) the strongest economies in the world, such as Britain or France, built fleets of comparable sizes. Now they have 4-6 BB/BS, 10+ CA, 30 DD even in peacetime (during the war I can think that they sank the enemy fleet and suffered losses themselves). For Britain, a huge "empire on which the sun never sets" - this is too little.

I have a suspicion that the AI uses up all its tonnage limit on destroyers and cruisers and when it comes to battleships, it simply can't build them.

On 9/21/2024 at 7:58 PM, MiklosHorthy said:

I have another "problem". Very quickly in the 1890 campaign, Great Britain dominates the other countries technologically. I understand that she built a dreadnought, but it only takes 4-5 years from the start to be very advanced technologically . Could this be nerfed a bit?

Any idea?

• o Barão changed the title to NAR BETA 3.0.2 "Major Powers update" for UAD 1.6.0.6 opt x3
13 hours ago, VadimAleks said:

They are too small to have any impact on what is happening in the world...

That makes them interesting for some players searching for a challenge.

13 hours ago, VadimAleks said:

Is there any special software for editing csv files or will I have to use a regular text editor to change their unformatted content (which will be very long and tedious)?

Notepad++ plus CSVLint plug in to make it easier to see is my go-to edit.

However, in some cases it is better to use Excel or LibreOffice Calc.

If editing the partsModel file, don't use notepad++.  It can lead to some strange bugs very hard to fix.

Also, notepad++ have the advantage that you don't need to close the program to open the game. With Excel or LibreOffice Calc you must close them all the time when you start the game.

I will take a look at the economy at another stage, for now I am going to take a break from modding.

12 hours ago, MiklosHorthy said:

Any idea?

Normal difficulty?

11 hours ago, overvaalmaaken said:

On dutch destroyer III hull (i guess on other nations hull that it uses the same problem exists too) small towers II and IV are not placable because of width even on highest beam setting. Just so you know

Thanks! ;)

Downloaded the new mod this morning. Now when starting a new save and get to the dock to create a new ship, or when I try and go through the shared designs in the menu to build a ship I just see the dry dock with no UI loaded and this is the error im being fed. Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

UAD NAR 1.PNG

I didn't even read the red text in your post, expecting it to be the TaF version error. I do apologize.

It does look like you have entered something the game/TaF can't read and/or understand, hence the "was not present in the dictionary"

I am running the game perfectly fine using UAD opt4 and TaF, just for reference.

edit: actually, you could try to reinstall ML and run the game again so ML recompiles the files it needs. Something is clearly missing, as I can understand it. Mind you I am no programmer

Edited by MDHansen

35 minutes ago, MDHansen said:

I didn't even read the red text in your post, expecting it to be the TaF version error. I do apologize.

It does look like you have entered something the game/TaF can't read and/or understand, hence the "was not present in the dictionary"

I am running the game perfectly fine using UAD opt4 and TaF, just for reference.

edit: actually, you could try to reinstall ML and run the game again so ML recompiles the files it needs. Something is clearly missing, as I can understand it. Mind you I am no programmer

Still nothing Same error etc, i think it is problem with ML since for example dreadnought improvement project mod works perfectly fine.
Since nothing works this is what chat gpt said about that error message maybe that can help idk obraz_2024-09-26_170652543.png.9da485294aac049af5444b06ce1d786e.png

6 hours ago, JcM said:

Still nothing Same error etc, i think it is problem with ML since for example dreadnought improvement project mod works perfectly fine.
Since nothing works this is what chat gpt said about that error message maybe that can help idk obraz_2024-09-26_170652543.png.9da485294aac049af5444b06ce1d786e.png

I was having the same problem, it is ML. Downgrade ML to v0.6.4 and it should work, at least it did for me. I had the same error as you.

10 hours ago, JcM said:

Eh, I wouldn't trust Chat GPT as far as I can throw myself.   And I can not do hand stands (meaning I can not throw myself at all!)   

Chat GPT is known to "make stuff up" when getting into technical nitty-gritty things like error message (and legal filings)

So my question.   Did you delete the mods folder and download both NathanKells's mod as well as NAR and re-install?   Because it is EASY for an artifact file to be left over (one that should have been deleted) if you do not delete files before updating.

I delete the mods folder EVERY time NAR has an update, and I have not had an issue that wasn't caused by a new version of the game (meaning I let Steam or whatever auto-update)   

Also you are not on the UAD-1.6.0.7 BETA branch are you?  Since that is known to be HIGHLY incompatible?

image.png.50eb9adce966190439388427af705953.png

In my case I created these three short cuts on my desktop so I can launch UAD directly (and not through steam) so the game won't auto update.

If I decided/have to edit a save file I have a direct connection and most importantly the middle one for every time I update NAR to it's latest version I have a quick click to the root UAD folder (where the mods folder is located)

Edited by Pappystein

In my Japan campaign a 1897 technology (I think) disabled the bursting charge options for new torpedo boats/torpedo boat destroyers designs. Can also be observed by designing a TB in the Custom Battles mode during 1897-1902.

charges.jpg

• Like 1

On 9/25/2024 at 10:18 AM, o Barão said:

That makes them interesting for some players searching for a challenge.

Notepad++ plus CSVLint plug in to make it easier to see is my go-to edit.

However, in some cases it is better to use Excel or LibreOffice Calc.

If editing the partsModel file, don't use notepad++.  It can lead to some strange bugs very hard to fix.

Also, notepad++ have the advantage that you don't need to close the program to open the game. With Excel or LibreOffice Calc you must close them all the time when you start the game.

I will take a look at the economy at another stage, for now I am going to take a break from modding.

Normal difficulty?

Thanks! ;)

Legendary.

1 hour ago, sm0kin said:

In my Japan campaign a 1897 technology (I think) disabled the bursting charge options for new torpedo boats/torpedo boat destroyers designs. Can also be observed by designing a TB in the Custom Battles mode during 1897-1902.

charges.jpg

Thank but sadly I can't fix atm. There is something in the latest UAD 1.6.0.6 optx5 that it is causing a conflict with the melon loader. 😒

18 hours ago, JcM said:

Downgrading ML to 0.6.4 solved this error for me

I can confirm that ML0.6.5 does not like UAD and/or TaF. Neither TaF or UnityExplorer got loaded with ML0.6.5. I did remove the Mod folder, and it still threw the error.

Edit: I play with UAD opt4, since TaF isnt working with opt5. Kind of important to add :)

Edited by MDHansen

Just now, MDHansen said:

I can confirm that ML0.6.5 does not like UAD and/or TaF. Neither Taf or UnityExplorer got loaded with ML0.6.5. I did remove the Mod folder, and it still threw the error.

Same thing to me. But still getting an error with ML 6.4 even without the mod files. Something must have changed with the latest UAD update

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sm0kin said:

charges.jpg

I can't open the game to test a possible fix and upload, but you should be able to fix the issue by doing this.

Open components file and search for this:

explosive_0,,explosives,$component_name_short_explosive_0,1,$component_name_short_explosive_0,$technology_desc_projectile_explosive_7,,
explosive_1,,explosives,$component_name_short_explosive_1,11,$component_name_short_explosive_1,$technology_desc_projectile_explosive_8,,
explosive_2,,explosives,$component_name_short_explosive_2,50,$component_name_short_explosive_2,$technology_desc_projectile_explosive_9,weight_per(tb;1;dd;1),
explosive_3,,explosives,$component_name_short_explosive_3,111,$technology_name_projectile_explosive_10,$technology_desc_projectile_explosive_10,weight_per(tb;501;dd;501),
explosive_4,,explosives,$component_name_short_explosive_4,120,$component_name_short_explosive_4,$technology_desc_projectile_explosive_11,,
explosive_5,,explosives,$component_name_short_explosive_5,130,$component_name_short_explosive_5,$technology_desc_projectile_explosive_12,,
explosive_6,,explosives,$component_name_short_explosive_6,140,$technology_name_projectile_explosive_13,$technology_desc_projectile_explosive_13,,
explosive_7,,explosives,$component_name_short_explosive_7,110,$component_name_short_explosive_7,$technology_desc_projectile_explosive_14,,
explosive_8,,explosives,$component_name_short_explosive_8,130,$technology_name_projectile_explosive_15,$technology_desc_projectile_explosive_15,,
explosive_9,,explosives,$component_name_short_explosive_9,250,$technology_name_projectile_explosive_16,$technology_desc_projectile_explosive_16,,

remove the black part and save.

• Like 1