Game-Labs Forum

Will the Ottoman Empire be added as a playable nation in campaign and custom?

Duudze

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/17/2022 at 11:24 PM, Zuikaku said:

They were not capable building any major ship during that time period.

Neither could Chinese, especially once warlord period hits and Spanish naval forces were anemic too. Not that I disagree with Ottoman having no influence on naval matters in this period (which is only Turkey post 1922) but I think this is more related to perceived potential market for the game plus their inspiration by the RTW game design (not talking graphics here but many of game loops).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 12/31/2022 at 10:31 AM, Dirlinger said:

Neither could Chinese, especially once warlord period hits and Spanish naval forces were anemic too. Not that I disagree with Ottoman having no influence on naval matters in this period (which is only Turkey post 1922) but I think this is more related to perceived potential market for the game plus their inspiration by the RTW game design (not talking graphics here but many of game loops).

Realistically for a good chunk of the time span of this game only the UK, USA, France, Germany, Italy, and Japan had the capability to build anything beyond maybe a destroyer. Suspending some construction realities is somewhat necessasry to have a campaign mode. Turkey circa WWI was as much a naval power as Spain or China. 

• Like 2