Game-Labs Forum

Task force out at sea with several damaged ships...

Admiral Donuts

I finally realized what's going on with permanently damaged ships.

I was in a battle, about half a dozen of my ships took some damage. They did not return to port. When I saw they didn't, I also noticed that they were reporting as being under repair, but still at sea.

Once the repair cycle completed, they remained at sea but still damaged, affecting victory points every time they are in a fight. Now they can't be repaired. The only solution is to scrap them. Which is rough because they were battleships in this case.

At any rate, the only workaround I imagine is to pay attention and manually send them to port while they are in the repair cycle. I'm not 100% sure that would work. But it's worth a try.

2 hours ago, Admiral Donuts said:

I finally realized what's going on with permanently damaged ships.

I was in a battle, about half a dozen of my ships took some damage. They did not return to port. When I saw they didn't, I also noticed that they were reporting as being under repair, but still at sea.

Once the repair cycle completed, they remained at sea but still damaged, affecting victory points every time they are in a fight. Now they can't be repaired. The only solution is to scrap them. Which is rough because they were battleships in this case.

At any rate, the only workaround I imagine is to pay attention and manually send them to port while they are in the repair cycle. I'm not 100% sure that would work. But it's worth a try.

Please change the Repair Priority to "High" in your task forces. Then they should be sent to port for repairs for minimal damages.

I am in the process of building the next generation of battlefleet. Every task force is on duty blockading Britain. I will see what happens when I send those new ships out to replace the task forces. I have already sent the BBs and DDs out. Each time I send new ships I check the status of repair priority on the TFs and make sure the new ships are also set to high...