Game-Labs Forum

How naval blockade work?

So I was playing as Germans in 1890 campaign and wanted to destroy British economy by blockade and...
It this case it is better to show than to talk about it:

image.thumb.jpeg.7d4e24a9f96cf8818df1a303b671af20.jpeg
12212 vs 812 power projection in North sea

image.thumb.jpeg.df55cec5f9723077ec7d9a330a0e8c87.jpeg

3611 vs 0 in English channel

image.thumb.jpeg.f34da8b0177a5f10e40b365f470cced2.jpeg

And 5937 vs 0 in Irish sea

I don't know how You guys but in my opinion I should be blockading brits... Am I missing something?

I don't believe the game is that complicated at the moment. I think it takes into account their entire coast. So you may have superiority in the Irish Sea, but they have lots of vessels in other regions. Sink more Brits and blockade should enact sooner or later.

Edited by Littorio

2 hours ago, Littorio said:

I don't believe the game is that complicated at the moment. I think it takes into account their entire coast. So you may have superiority in the Irish Sea, but they have lots of vessels in other regions. Sink more Brits and blockade should enact sooner or later.

1 turn ago I have sank almost all of their fleet only few light cruisers (I think, not sure about that, might have sank entire fleet in one battle)

45 minutes ago, Lakel said:

I have had it not blockade the french until I sent a fleet to their Mediterranean harbors, so could well be that, seems so anyways.

So, I have to put my fleet on every zone in which they have port? I guess that makes sense, thanks!

2 hours ago, Hussarball_PL said:

So, I have to put my fleet on every zone in which they have port? I guess that makes sense, thanks!

I am not sure, but it seems logical. Can you "blockade" a place with open ports lol? No.

4 hours ago, Hussarball_PL said:

Id assume more like every home port, colonial ports being more for getting convoy kills.