Game-Labs Forum

"Not_Admiral_of_the_Fleet".

I really don't think that my user name has anything to do with the way I play or how I should lead the game...

Right, it doesn't. It only explains the other players' initial expectation of your confidence, which is what you were posting about.

I think firstly the foul language and sexual names on here shout be a matter of priority to be dealt with first.

True.

Players choose a leader based on a few simple parameters. The size of the ship and the name. If player is widely known (for example Ramjb or Mr Doran) then he is natural candidate for admiral. But if there is no one like this around, but by accident, there is guy in big ship, and his name says clearly  "I am a born leader!!!", then... what do you expect?

Just say "No, i'm not leading", and problem is solved instead of taking some dramatic steps like quitting the game ...

Edited by PrezesOi
  • Like 1

Agree about the name - some people will make assumptions based on it. Some will expect you to lead. My experience, based on years of World of Tanks is to expect less of someone with a 'boastful' (and what I consider boastful is pretty wide) name, until demonstrated otherwise. The 'SuperMegaPanzerOberFurer' types tend not to live up to the name. The people who expect less tend to be less vocal however. Plus, whilst we may be expect less from you due to your nick we expect absolutely nothing from those harassing you. You have become, inadvertently, through an an absence of cynicism when choosing your nick, an Idiot Detector.

If you read http://forum.game-labs.net/index.php?/topic/3087-what-made-you-pick-your-username/?p=68765 you will discover that I rejected my first two choices of name for exactly this reason.

Or, to put your sanity on the line, you can actually give them a simple surefire plan, but now they won't follow it, no, they will sail in every direction under the sun and shoot at birds, starfish, through teammates masts and ram every green name within 20 nautical miles  :rolleyes:

Moltke would be proud.