Game-Labs Forum

Campaign hard fail, why not a final battle?

Punisher_1

So at some point during the campaign the opposing forces have a large amount of ships and then they start vanishing. Clearly they cannot sustain the fleet. So the game then turns into slapping the left mouse key on the next turn button and that is about. It seems almost a waste of time and all those new designs I just researched for hours well, they are useless and never see combat.  

I suggest a mode that is a fleet push for a decisive fight. At least you can form a large fleet to engage in one decisive battle (so to speak) or at least this is an option. Even a tour of force to gain prestige as one side hides in harbor and the other shows the "world" who is superior. 

Ending the game on a left click marathon just sucks. ( Mostly because I never got to use those massive Dreadnaughts and 10 torp DDs)  

In the one major naval war (WWI), Germany actually tried to push the fleet for final battle against the Grand Fleet. Knowing it was suicide though, the German navy mutinied in response.

And while the Japanese in WWII are not perfect as an example (they waited too long and got caught off guard by few factors), they also showed the same thing. A lot of hemorrhaging ships and no good clear chance at a decisive battle.

If we have persistent crew morale where it would give waiting for this final battle a drawback, I wouldn't be opposed to the concept.

12 hours ago, DougToss said:

Jackie Fisher? Is that you!?

🤔

It would be suicidal for a country to throw away their fleet-in-being for no gain. Their goal is to avoid a decisive battle unless they have the advantage of bringing a smaller part of the enemy to battle.

Except for historical refences to a final push to gain victory? 

Simply it could also turn the tide of battle and a motivated military facing even superior number can overcome thus putting your enemy now on the defensive.