Game-Labs Forum

12 Month Early Access?

T_the_ferret

the price has already been dropped significantly compared to the original "early early access" price here. one would wonder if this would be a quick cash grab and leave it as a half baked game out there. the fact that they cant even get us early backers enough keys has me wondering, *tin foil hat on mode*, they dont want the veterans to bombard the page with negative reviews and ratings to put off potential customers who buy into the "realism" plastered all over on a bare bones barely working game.

there is no road map, no dev plans no nothing and the timelines has been missed so many times, a 12month EA right now means as much as all the other dev posts (barely any) to acknowledge issues and inform the community of whats going on. at this point, as with the game being such a major disappointment, im hoping the game would flop badly in hopes that it would disappoint me once again and instead we get a fully functioning fantastic naval sim game.

Edited by coalminer
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, coalminer said:

the price has already been dropped significantly compared to the original "early early access" price here. one would wonder if this would be a quick cash grab and leave it as a half baked game out there. the fact that they cant even get us early backers enough keys has me wondering, *tin foil hat on mode*, they dont want the veterans to bombard the page with negative reviews and ratings to put off potential customers who buy into the "realism" plastered all over on a bare bones barely working game.

there is no road map, no dev plans no nothing and the timelines has been missed so many times, a 12month EA right now means as much as all the other dev posts (barely any) to acknowledge issues and inform the community of whats going on. at this point, as with the game being such a major disappointment, im hoping the game would flop badly in hopes that it would disappoint me once again and instead we get a fully functioning fantastic naval sim game.

The keys issue was explained in detail. Steam changed their policies - nothing Game Labs can do about that. As for the price...it is a bit odd I agree, but then again I bought a "Limited Edition." That should entitle me to something of "limited value" at some point, whether soon or in a year I don't know. They can't sell a limited edition and not include something special with it.

29 minutes ago, Littorio said:

The keys issue was explained in detail. Steam changed their policies - nothing Game Labs can do about that. As for the price...it is a bit odd I agree, but then again I bought a "Limited Edition." That should entitle me to something of "limited value" at some point, whether soon or in a year I don't know. They can't sell a limited edition and not include something special with it.

Well that's the thing, i'd like to know what that special thing is... but i don't think we'll get an answer anytime soon

On 12/11/2021 at 8:02 AM, T_the_ferret said:

I read from steam that you guys think every single feature and planned content will be integrated into the game in 12 months?

As I said elsewhere what I worry the most about is the "BUILD THE BATTLESHIPS THE WAY YOU WANT" part. Given how the tower/superstructure are single block it will require hundreds of new mesh to get the bare minimum level of diversity.

9 hours ago, RedParadize said:

As I said elsewhere what I worry the most about is the "BUILD THE BATTLESHIPS THE WAY YOU WANT" part. Given how the tower/superstructure are single block it will require hundreds of new mesh to get the bare minimum level of diversity.

Well perhaps someday they will offload some of the legwork as far as hulls go to us via modding capability. Who can crank out hundreds of hulls faster, a couple of devs or a literal legion of insane, over-the-top obsessed warship fanatics? Proper mod tools for hull designing would allow this community to have tons of designs in a week, let alone long term.

Edited by Littorio
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, T_the_ferret said:

Believe me, that doesn't work either. I say that from experience. If they'd actually answer stuff consistently i wouldn't even be on this forum in the first place

Nick had a run of being active for about a week, a week or two ago, but… ugh. It’s frustrating for sure, especially as we’re trying to help them address the flaws by pointing them out. 

I’m still bothered by the community being called “toxic” by the devs, that was a slap in the face.

6 minutes ago, DougToss said:

Nick had a run of being active for about a week, a week or two ago, but… ugh. It’s frustrating for sure, especially as we’re trying to help them address the flaws by pointing them out. 

I’m still bothered by the community being called “toxic” by the devs, that was a slap in the face.

We all are bothered by that, not gonna ramble on again but it'd be so easy to just smooth everything over and they just... don't. Its disheartening.