Game-Labs Forum

Need help controlling mulitple ships

Lucinator

I have been trying and failing to be able to effectively control a battlegroup/  The ships, even if they are in the same division, seem to constantly do weird things like run into each other for no reason (i.e. they dont have a damaged rudder or some other problem), and more sophisticated fleet maneuvers feel like you are trying to herd cats.  Does anyone have a suggestion on where to go for good advise on controlling ships or is this a programming issue?

• Like 1

personally I almost always control all ships on their own.

But if you don't want to do that, then 1 make sure they are on the same "side" in one column in an formation 2 if one gets damage take it out of the formation and control it as single ship

• Like 1

On 12/2/2021 at 3:19 PM, Lucinator said:

thanks, hopefully they will implement some sort of improvement on this, or turn off team damage so when they run into each other it doesn't cause damage.

I haven't seen team damage yet...perhaps that is not the default? I say this because I have seen my merchants collide before and ram my vessels, with no damage. Enemy merchants are a different story though.