Game-Labs Forum

Game Executable not found

sledge57

Every time  I install the game (about 15 times now) when I try to run the game it looks like it's trying to run and then returns to the screen with the "Play" button, press the Play button again and I get a "Game Executable file not found" error, and to run repair.

Repair fails EVERY TIME and says, "Game Installation failed with an error unpacking error details in logs please try again" 

What I did tonight was to completely uninstall using your guide which is also not correct  as there is no Game Labs entry in the registry....  So after installing but before running I went to the folder and made a backup copy of "build.exe"

I then tried to run the game and as usual it looked like it was trying to run and then returned to the screen with the "Play" button, press the button again and I get the "Game Executable file not found" error.  I then opened the folder and low and behold the "Build.exe" file was gone, as usual.

Getting fed up with trying to get this working....

Edited by sledge57

9 hours ago, sledge57 said:

Every time  I install the game (about 15 times now) when I try to run the game it looks like it's trying to run and then returns to the screen with the "Play" button, press the Play button again and I get a "Game Executable file not found" error, and to run repair.

Repair fails EVERY TIME and says, "Game Installation failed with an error unpacking error details in logs please try again" 

What I did tonight was to completely uninstall using your guide which is also not correct  as there is no Game Labs entry in the registry....  So after installing but before running I went to the folder and made a backup copy of "build.exe"

I then tried to run the game and as usual it looked like it was trying to run and then returned to the screen with the "Play" button, press the button again and I get the "Game Executable file not found" error.  I then opened the folder and low and behold the "Build.exe" file was gone, as usual.

Greetings Admiral. It seems there were Game Labs entry because the game was not installed in the launcher. Could you please contact Xsolla support team directly via this guide: 

And please keep me updated on the problem

Ok I submitted a ticket but haven't heard anything yet however I found the issue myself.

AVAST antivirus sees the "build.exe" and the "7za.exe" files as a "IDP Generic" virus and was quarantining the files.

I had to do an exception for the files (actually I did an exception for both of UA Dreadnoughts folders) after installing the game but before hitting play.  This has solved my issue.

I hope this helps someone else and it'd be nice if the developers could resolve the issue with the AV companies somehow...

16 hours ago, sledge57 said:

Ok I submitted a ticket but haven't heard anything yet however I found the issue myself.

AVAST antivirus sees the "build.exe" and the "7za.exe" files as a "IDP Generic" virus and was quarantining the files.

I had to do an exception for the files (actually I did an exception for both of UA Dreadnoughts folders) after installing the game but before hitting play.  This has solved my issue.

I hope this helps someone else and it'd be nice if the developers could resolve the issue with the AV companies somehow...

Admiral, thank you for the details, information is sent to Xsolla