Game-Labs Forum

Espana

Jatzi

So I tried to make Espana on the Espana hull and I couldn't. I imagine this doesn't come as a surprise to people, it certainly wasn't to me but yeah. Kind of uncool. 

image.thumb.png.4604ce24693462de9a7eaf6221d12bd6.png

The ship carries four twin-gun turrets, one centered forward, one behind and to the right side of the ship, another further behind and to the left, and the last centered aft. Numerous smaller guns are distributed along the sides of the vessel.

There are consistently too few casemates on hulls. And look at the asymmetric nature of the design. Completely impossible to replicate. This ship had 10 casemates on each side. I don't think I've ever seen more than 7. 

I tried to get the error to go away but the only way to do it was to move the middle cross firing turrets very close to each other which meant I couldn't get the funnel in there. Of course the towers and funnels don't match the hull which is to be expected at this point. Superstructure rarely matches up. Speed is a knot too fast and the armor isn't right either but it wouldn't have changed anything. I stopped with the turret arrangement error. I also saw errors in regards to a 5 in casemate making a 12 in turret unplaceable which is cool I guess. Went away when I switch to the 4 inches as is historically correct. Overall, sad.

• Like 5

Sad, that you can't fully replicate her too be fair, although i suspect the other parts are just placeholders still. We will see more attention for the younger ladies than the old ones.

Another reason why i want modding is so that even if it takes me ages to make a full ship i can make turret, barrel, tower, casemate, hull packs that peeps could use.

• Like 2