Game-Labs Forum

GOG (or DRM free) version for Dreadnoughts?

Liquid27

Hi!

I'm interested into UG: Dreadnoughts, and I'd like to ask if there will be any DRM free version avaliable to purchase in platforms as GOG or itch.io. I will avoid DRM at any cost, I prefer to own what I purchase! :)

Thanks

Edited by Liquid27
  • Like 1

• 3 years later...

Hey guys o7,

i just arrived to ask the devs if UA:D will have ANY chance to be on GoG one day
found this already existing thread to post in, so i guess the most suitable place to ask the question again.

"Is there any chance to see a GoG release of Ultimate Admiral Dreadnoughts"?

i mean any? Given this thread is 2020 already :(

Checked some playthrought on YT and i really would like to dig into the game.

• 3 weeks later...

[quote]

Buy the game, then download a pirated copy.

You have purchased the title, so you are not doing anything wrong

[/quote]

I will never, ever support STEAMS Mandatory Launcher again, i did back when this stuff started attaching your games to your
account in a fix way via DRM (yes steam is DRM already) As long as Valves Program starts first, when i double
click a executable with DRM there, throwing money at Gaben is out of the question for me.
That is a hard line i will not cross and i do so since over 13 years now.

All games i bought work completely standalone and without internet connection even if they have first party launchers.
(like Divinity Original Sin 2) heck even CDPRs games got a patch where there is a first party launcher now *uhhggg*
but the games STILL work without thrid party software attached to it (which is steam and all the others) and internet
connection *lul* like in the "good old days" ey?

I wish the same for UA:D, would be a instant buy on GoG for me after watching several playthroughs. Once Valves Launcher gets
fully optional like GoG Galaxy, i am willing to reactivate my sleeper account there. (doubt it still exists though)

Would love to build Spee's East India Squadron (although if i follow right the SMS Scharnhorst ain t in the game yet)
Or Mackensen modernized Battlecruisers that are valid past the 40s stuff like this. But UA:D not avaiable on GoG
prevents that. *shrugs*

And no i will not hoist the colours and pirate the game as sad as it is i will not be able to play it then.