Game-Labs Forum

SHIP MANEOUVERING

Jans

When will the problem of ships maneouvering be addressed?. Currently it is impossible to have two ships follow each other for more than few minutes. Every battle develops very soon into an entangled mess. This is radically different of what naval warfare was in the period been considered in the game. Fleet formations, fleet maneouvering and station keeping where critical factors of naval tactics and even today, in the era of missiles, these aspects remain critically important. Anything of this is impossible to atain in the game (unless I am missing something critical). The buttoms provided for this simply do not work properly. 

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks SonicB. Really hope so because the game has to solve this issue sooner or later if it pretends to be a simulation of naval warfare in the first half of the XX century. Which is what I understand they are doing. 

On 9/25/2020 at 10:55 PM, SonicB said:

In the notes on the upcoming patch (Alpha-9) they are reworking formations significantly, and I really hope this is going to include a fix to the over-sensitive collision avoidance that was introduced in Alpha-8.

True, not even mentioning the non-existent torpedo avoidance for formation ships.