Game-Labs Forum

Fast Time Out When AFK - Part II

melarky

My original post

I remember the inactivity (AFK) threshold used to be something like 20 minutes. Lately, it has been more like 2 minutes. And it's not a random thing, it happens everytime I switch from NA to Windows (Alt-Tab). I end up back at the NA startup screen. It doesn't seem to matter what I do in Windows - run an app, open a browser. I am playing NA in full screen mode.

Ink's last post

The afk kick timer was not changed for a very long time. Most likely you are experiencing temporary connection issues that you mix up with the afk kick

Ink - I wish what you say is true but this happens every time I leave the game while it is still running. Has been happening for over a month.

In fact by the time I left the game (alt-tab) went to Windows, opened a browser, went to Game-Labs site found my thread, read it and switched back to NA i was disconnected. I can't even read emails anymore.

@melarkyCaptain, do you use any traffic optimization software or something like this? The afk timer was not changed for ages, also we have not got any similar reports recently, so the problem is uncommon and most likely somehow related to your PC only.