Game-Labs Forum

Is there an issue running this in 4k?

strykerpsg

Hello all,

Had this gem since almost the beginning, with no issues on my former laptop. Recently, I upgraded to a 17" 4k laptop with an additional 4k monitor. I see the display options in the install menu and can even get it to work the first time. However, once I exit and try to run it again, I get a minimized tray icon, one display has the UAD tray icon, the other monitor shows the Xsolla logo. Ultimately when I run my mouse over the minimized icon, I can see the menu window, but no matter what I do, I cannot get the menu window to appear on either of the monitor screens to either update or play.

I have indeed uninstalled and reinstalled, as its the only way to get the menu window to work at least once. Suggestions?

VR,

Matt

@strykerpsg

Greetings Admiral!

Please try to uninstall, then remove all temporary files (once you uninstall the game):

1)

• Close the game
  • Press Win+R then type: %HOMEPATH%\AppData\LocalLow\Game Labs\
  • Right click on Ultimate Admiral Dreadnoughts folder and delete it

2)

• Close the game
  • Open Windows Command Prompt (press Windows + R and type cmd, press enter afterwards)
    • type: regedit
  • Go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Game Labs\Ultimate Admiral Dreadnoughts
  • Right click on Ultimate Admiral Dreadnoughts folder and delete it
  • Close regedit

Then install the game again.

Please let us know if the problem persists

7 hours ago, strykerpsg said:

Bumping for a reply from the team

Admiral, could you please also try this workaround:

• Close the game
  • Press Win+R then type: %HOMEPATH%\AppData\LocalLow\Game Labs\Ultimate Admiral Dreadnoughts
  • Delete the settings.xml file
  • Start the game 

On 9/3/2020 at 4:02 AM, Ink said:

Admiral, could you please also try this workaround:

• Close the game
  • Press Win+R then type: %HOMEPATH%\AppData\LocalLow\Game Labs\Ultimate Admiral Dreadnoughts
  • Delete the settings.xml file
  • Start the game 

Unfortunately, it did not work. 

I just changed the resolution on the 2nd monitor to 1920x1080. Works great! However, switching back to 4k, it minimizes back to the tool bar and will not  produce the game menu. There is definitely something wrong with running in 4k. It works during the first install, then will not work when returning.

Edited by strykerpsg

On 9/5/2020 at 10:31 PM, strykerpsg said:

I just changed the resolution on the 2nd monitor to 1920x1080. Works great! However, switching back to 4k, it minimizes back to the tool bar and will not  produce the game menu. There is definitely something wrong with running in 4k. It works during the first install, then will not work when returning.

Admiral, thank you for the details! Glad to hear the problem is solved

On 9/7/2020 at 10:52 AM, Ink said:

Admiral, thank you for the details! Glad to hear the problem is solved

I wouldn't say its "solved", more like a work around. Do you plan to try to fix it so customers are NOT bouncing back and forth on the resolution? You have 4k settings in your menu, yet it's not properly implemented.