Game-Labs Forum

Launcher not recognising existing installation

SonicB

So this is a weird one... I installed UA:D on a newly built computer yesterday, and today the launcher is refusing to recognise that it's already installed. Furthermore, it won't install in the chosen (default) location because it has to be empty, and all the existing files are there. I checked manually and the game starts fine, then quits because it hasn't used the launcher.

I'm going to have to manually remove the files and reinstall, but just thought I'd report this bug in case there's been a new launcher upgrade overnight that caused it.

22 minutes ago, SonicB said:

So this is a weird one... I installed UA:D on a newly built computer yesterday, and today the launcher is refusing to recognise that it's already installed. Furthermore, it won't install in the chosen (default) location because it has to be empty, and all the existing files are there. I checked manually and the game starts fine, then quits because it hasn't used the launcher.

I'm going to have to manually remove the files and reinstall, but just thought I'd report this bug in case there's been a new launcher upgrade overnight that caused it.

Greetings Admiral! Were you able to play the game yesterday? Do you have a screenshot with the launcher error when you try to run it?

I was able to play the game yesterday just fine! As for the launcher, there was no error, it just showed me the 'install' button this morning instead of the 'play game' button, then wouldn't install because the game files already existed in there. I haven't moved any folders manually or messed around with the registry, so I can only assume something in the launcher changed overnight and it stopped recognising the game as installed.

(As for the error message when I tried to run build.exe outside the launcher, I believe that is intended behaviour.)

I've had to remove everything from the UA:D folders in both %appdata and c:/games and totally reinstall the launcher and game, and now it seems to be working fine. I'll definitely update this thread if it happens again.

23 minutes ago, SonicB said:

I was able to play the game yesterday just fine! As for the launcher, there was no error, it just showed me the 'install' button this morning instead of the 'play game' button, then wouldn't install because the game files already existed in there. I haven't moved any folders manually or messed around with the registry, so I can only assume something in the launcher changed overnight and it stopped recognising the game as installed.

(As for the error message when I tried to run build.exe outside the launcher, I believe that is intended behaviour.)

I've had to remove everything from the UA:D folders in both %appdata and c:/games and totally reinstall the launcher and game, and now it seems to be working fine. I'll definitely update this thread if it happens again.

Ok thank you. Hope the problem is gone now.