Game-Labs Forum

Gun layout interface suggestion

The current layout with the gun decks in game represented by circles with numbers from from left to right is not very intuitive. You got your stern cannons to the left, your cannons on the right side on top in the middle and the cannons on the left side below in the middle. It s hared to tell if the left or right one is the upper deck without using F-keys to lock the decks to check. And the front cannons to the right. Its not easy to tell what circle belongs to what deck at a fast glance without zooming in to fire or lock decks with F-keys.

I feel it would be a lot more intuitive if it was from up to down. Basically the stern cannons at the bottom, then left and right cannons to the left and right and the cannons in the front on top. The  you could see what deck was loaded to by the cannons of the decks being above each other in the interface. Upper deck up above middle/lower deck etc.

Just to change the interface of cannons and deck layout for the guns from the side to side as it is now and turn it 90 degrees would make it a lot easier in my opinion to see what circle represent what deck.

Anyone else who agrees?

When they first switched to the horizontal configuration it was confusing for me as well but now I hardly notice it. I believe the admin said horizontal was chosen over vertical because it was less obtrusive especially when sailing a ship such as the Santisima with 4 decks. In the future we may see an updated UI but I doubt the entire thing will be scraped.