Game-Labs Forum

Frank Needs Basic Help

Guys,

I really like the looks of this game. I have longed for a naval strategy game

since Great Naval Battles North Atlantic by SSI. I am an older guy that needs some really

basic keyboard information. I need your key strokes on building a ship. I don't get the knack

when making a selection, to make it stick. Also, I need the basics for steering a ship. I am a

big battleship fan, and I cannot wait to design super battlecruisers.  I thank you for your time and support.

Frank G  (a naval dinosaur)

Greetings Admiral!

Have you checked an in-game guide that you can access through the top right side of the main game screen?

uWJ97U1.png

There are help topics that might help you get familiar with the game

• Like 1

For keyboard information, in the designer there is a symbol depicting A, B and C keys in the top right corner of the screen. If you mouse-over it you'll get a pop-up with the keys you can use in the designer.

In-mission you also have a little window near the bottom of the right side, that tells you with which combination of the shift, ctrl and alt keys (plus click) you can aim different weapons of and at specific targets. Just right-clicking an enemy will aim all weapons of all ships in the current group at that target.

I'm not sure what you mean with "making a selection stick". If you have the mouse over a spot where you can place a component, you just make a regular click and then you hear a sound and the component sits there. And it will keep sitting there until you either click on it again, which kind of "picks it up" or you right-click it, which will delete it.