Game-Labs Forum

Locked Weather Conditions: confirmed

Steeltrap

Some of you would know I mentioned that the weather appears to have been locked in scenarios.

Doesn't matter what I play, I get a net +2.5% (I think the values for the 4 factors are 0, +5%, 0, -2.5% from memory).

I raised this in the 'Support' forum to check if it was intentional, unintentional or a problem solely with my game installation.

Here's the latest:

On 4/16/2020 at 8:38 PM, Ink said:

this is a temporary weather condition and it will be back to normal condition within one of the next updates 

Doesn't really tell us if it was intentional, but that hardly matters.

Posted here just FYI.

Cheers

• Like 1

Interesting thing for me about the usual 'dynamic' system was the disconnect between what the weather factors (the +/- % gunnery modifiers) said the conditions were vs what was rendered on screen.

I'd see a penalty for "cloudy" when 99% of the sky in the combat area was clear, or had the occasional cumulus clouds in the background. Other times it'd say "clear" while the screen was solid, dark overcast.

I've never raised it as it isn't really important in the scheme of things while the game's being developed, although I DID get used to checking the factors (mouse over the temperature gauge top left of screen lists them) as I knew I couldn't rely on what I'm seeing on screen.

Cheers